Hamilton Square Baptist Church is a welcoming, Bible-believing church and has helped to transform lives in the Bay-Area since 1881.
Operating as usual
lifenews.com Churches in California received a major victory today when the Supreme Court struck down California Gov. Gavin Newsom's ban on indoor worship services. The unsi
Livestream services are ok for now. They are better than nothing; but don’t get too comfortable!
blog.newgrowthpress.com As weeks passed, I admit I became more and more comfortable with the new normal. There were things I liked about livestreamed worship.
Baptist World Mission
Dr. David and Jean Potter will retire from missionary service with BWM at the end of October. The Potters were appointed by BWM in 1997 and have served in Hungary since April of 1999.
The Potters are the rare example of a couple who took years of stateside ministry experience with them to the mission field. Mature, stable and humble leadership have been the hallmarks of their missionary service. Dwight Schultz, their sending pastor, reflected on their ministry, “churches have been strengthened and planted, men have been trained and mentored into ministry, and many men and women have seen their lives transformed.” Dr. Brosnan, their field administrator remarked, “A preeminent trait of Dr. Potter’s missionary work has been his role in training nationals for ministry. By life and word the Potters have left their imprint upon the lives and ministries of Hungarian preachers and church leaders.” Although the inevitable progress of life eventually ends every missionary’s direct ministry, the Potters have the joy of retiring with ongoing visible fruit and the assurance that their labor was “not in vain in the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:58).
Please pray for David and Jean as they transition back to America. Dr. Potter has accepted a part-time position on the seminary faculty of Maranatha Baptist University, beginning in January.
Join us for Livestream Church services! www.hamiltonsquare.org
[10/22/20] Are you faithfully watching the Hamilton Square LiveSteaming Services? www.hamiltonsquare.org
Northern California Foundations Baptist Fellowship
Some Biblical principles for you to remember over the next several weeks during this election season.
1. Whoever is elected, even if it's not who you support, is who God allowed.God is the One who removes kings and sets up kings. (Daniel 2:21)
2. Christians should pray publicly and privately for whoever is elected in November, even if it's the candidate they villainize. For it is good and pleasing to God to pray for all those in high positions. And remember, Paul wrote this about Roman emperors who would one day behead him. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
3. The tide of history is under the control of Christ, not the Republican or Democratic party. Jesus is the only One worthy to open the scroll of history. (Revelation 5:9)
4. Neither Trump nor Biden are your deliverer. That is Christ alone. We do not put our hope in princes or in any son of man because they will all die and return to dust. (Psalm 146:3-4)
5. There are certain things that belong to the government's jurisdiction. And there are certain things that don't. Render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. (Matthew 22:21)
6. Christian, remember that someone's view of Christ could be marred by the venom you spit regarding the candidate you don't like. Your tongue will either be used to build up or harm. Use it appropriately. (James 3:6)
7. Don't give your allegiance to any worldly system or party. Give your allegiance to Christ alone. You cannot serve two masters. (Matthew 6:24)
8. It is better to love your neighbor than to rudely win an argument against them. (Matthew 22:39)
9. Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Mike Pence, Kamala Harris, Nanci Pelosi, every conservative, and every liberal are all made in God's image and should be treated with dignity. (Genesis 1:27)
10. Christ will build His church no matter who wins the election. Do not fear. Put your trust in His promise. (Matthew 16:18)
11. There's nothing godly about denying truth and promoting falsehood in order to make your candidate look good. (Ephesians 4:25)
12. Kill the phrase, "You're not a true Christian unless you vote for ___________." What makes someone a Christian is not how they vote. It's faith in what Christ did on the cross on their behalf. (Romans 3:23-26)
13. Blessed is the man who meditates day and night on the Word of God.....not their social media feed, Fox News, CNN, etc. Put your phone away and turn your TV off and plunge your heart into God's Word. (Psalm 1:1-2)
14. The Kingdom of Jesus is not of this world. It's not contained in the platform of the Republican or Democratic party. Both of those parties will bow before Him. (John 18:36)
15. While I love our country and I'm so thankful to live here, our citizenship as Christians is not ultimately in America. It is in heaven and from it, we await a Savior. We're not home here. We are sojourners and strangers. (Philippians 3:20)
16. Ultimately, no politician is going to change the hearts of the American people. Scripture says the hearts of man are completely wicked and will always devolve into madness. Only the Gospel of Christ can transform people's hearts. (Romans 3:10-24)
17. On the day of judgment, people will give an account for every word (or careless Facebook post they shared.)(Matthew 12:36)
18. We do not wrestle against politicians on the other side. We wrestle against powers over the present darkness. (Ephesians 6:12)
19. Submit to rulers and authorities, be ready for every good work, speak evil of no one, avoid quarreling, be gentle, and show perfect courtesy to everyone. (Titus 3:1-2)
20. Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead. He's the point of everything. Nothing can stop Him. He will reign forever and ever. (2 Timothy 2:8)
This is "New Event" by Hamilton Square Baptist Church on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.
Today, I was up in my apartment at the church when the doorbell rang furiously.
Usually, I look out the window in the steeple to see who it is before responding. It was the mailman.
“Just leave it at the door. I’ll be right down. Thank you.”
“NO. Please come down,” was his reply.
I went to the front door. He handed me four envelopes, but was staring at the tract rack in the lobby.
“May I have some of those?” He asked.
“Of course! Oh, and here are a few more. Take whatever you will read.”
He said, “I have a Bible, but I don’t understand it. Maybe this will help me.”
He did not have time to stay, because he was on duty.
So...pray for our mailman. He is searching. I am hearing of others who are seeking answers.
Be faithful, Brothers and Sisters! We have the Answer the world is seeking!
Exciting news from Stanly & Anna Wong! Their son, Josiah prayed to ask Jesus to save his soul!
Staying at home and ministering to family right now is a tremendous blessing!
If you watched the live broadcast this morning, and took photos of you and your family watching, please post them here.
Pastor Innes’ Outline for Sunday’s Livestream Church Service - March 22, 2020
March 22,2020 - E-Bulletin
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me;
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
We are working on a plan for the continuance of our meeting. Be praying.
Three things out need to know immediately:
1. Pastor will livestream (Wednesday - March 18) tonight at 7 pm
2. We will livestream at 11 am on Sunday to lay out the plan for the future.
3. If you are willing to help with phone calling a few people on a regular basis, please let me know.
We hope you will participate in this and pass the word along to everyone in the church you know.
Start emailing me your questions right away at [email protected] or through this medium.
Watch your email messages. We will be sending some things out to you soon.
New words to an old song by Kyle Wilcox and Sarah E. Katka of Mountain View Bible Church in Dublin, New Hampshire.
We know that good Gospel Tracts are an effective witnessing tool anyone can use. As you begin prayerfully looking for ways to share the good news of Jesus Ch...
Avoid unnecessarily offending people by following these simple guidelines while distributing Gospel Tracts.
churchleaders.com Sometimes senior saints question their usefulness in the church as they age. That’s unfortunate because they’re an essential part of the body of Christ. Here are four reasons every local church needs them.
Dear Avelina Cologne - forever in the presence of the Lord she served so faithfully.
|Monday||10:00 - 16:30|
|Tuesday||10:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday||10:00 - 16:30|
|Thursday||10:00 - 16:30|
|Friday||10:00 - 16:30|
|Sunday||09:45 - 14:30|
Interfaith Center at the Presidio welcomes, serves, and celebrates the diverse spiritual wisdom and faith traditions of the Bay Area
FMCSF is a welcoming, worshipping, Anabaptist community that practices peace and justice, serves others, and joyfully walks in the way of Jesus.
Worship Service at 11:00 a.m. each Sunday, See you there!! www.SFGrace.org
Come join us this Sunday! All are welcome. Learn more at http://www.stfrancisepiscopal.org/
Reflective . . . Open . . . Passionate . . . Daring . . . Playful . . . Engaged . . . www.fulc.com Welcome!
"My brothers and sisters, I want to send all of you to Paradise."- St. Francis of Assisi
We believe that all who put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone as Savior, apart from the works, are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
Weekly Events: SUNDAY SCHOOL - Sundays at 9 a.m. MORNING WORSHIP - Sundays at 10:45 a.m. PRAYER MEETING - Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. YOUTH CHOIR REHEARSAL - Thursdays at 6:00 p.m. ADULT CHOIR REHEARSAL - Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
KIDSINHAND is a program to teach and enrich kids about different Faiths of the World using 3 tools: A Doll, a Book and a CD/MP3. Our goal is to help bring about FAITHS IN HARMONY.