IANT Youth was officially started to cater to the growing needs of the youth community in Richardson, TX and the surrounding North Texas areas.
"Do Good and Be Guided"
IANT Youth (Islamic Association of North Texas Youth) was officially started to cater to the growing needs of the youth community in Richardson, TX and the surrounding North Texas areas. Brothers and sisters who are attending school anywhere from middle school to the college or university level require nourishment for the soul and body that can only be found in a vibrant and strong Islamic community. IANT Youth intends to serve those needs, as well as adapt and grow to create a fun, energizing, and refreshing youth culture around the masjid – one that creates, strengthens, and motivates the future leaders of the Muslim Ummah of America.
Mission: To cater to the growing needs of the youth community in Richardson, TX and the surrounding North Texas areas.
Riyadd-Us-Saliheen: Contentment with what we have | Ustadh Abuobedia Elfaki
As this likely becomes most liked tweet ever, lessons to be drawn:
1) Be gentle with others. You have no idea what they're going through.
2) Strive to fulfil your dreams until your last breath.
3) All your struggles need not be made public.
4) Racism exists. So does your hard work
Images: Twitter Chadwick Boseman
🔷 Sunnah of sleeping 🔷
1. Dust the bed thrice before retiring to bed. (2)
2. Sleep on your right side. (1)
3. Sleep with the right palm under the right cheek. (3)
4. Say Dua after positioning to your right side :
Bismika Rabbi Wada`tu janbi, wa bika arfa'hu. In amsakta nafsi faghfir laha, wa in arsaltaha fahfazha bima tahfaz bihi 'ibadaka-s-salihin (2)
5. Say additional dua: 'Allahumma aslamtu wajhi ilaika, wa fawwadtu 'amri ilaika wa alja'tu dhahri ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika, la malja'a wa la manja minka illa ilaika. Amantu bikitabik al-ladhi anzalta wa binabiyyika al-ladhi arsalta' (1)
6. Say dua of protection from Hellfire "Allahumma qini 'adhabaka yawm tab'athu 'ibadaka (4)
7. Refrain from sleeping on one’s stomach. (5)
8. Recite Surah Mulk, before sleeping. (6)
9. Recite Ayatul Kursi. (7)
10. Recite last two verses of Surat Baqarah (8)
11. Recite Surah Ikhlaas, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas, blow in cupped hands and wipe entire body. Process to be done three times (9)
12. Recite Subhan Allah 33 times Alhamdulillah 33 times and Allahu Akbar 34 times (10)
13. Say dua before sleeping "Allahumma bismika amutu wa ahya," (3)
(1) Narrated Al-Bara bin `Azib:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to me, "When you want to go to bed, perform ablution as you do for prayer, then lie down on your right side and say:
اللَّهُمَّ أَسْلَمْتُ وَجْهِي إِلَيْكَ، وَفَوَّضْتُ أَمْرِي إِلَيْكَ، وَأَلْجَأْتُ ظَهْرِي إِلَيْكَ، رَغْبَةً وَرَهْبَةً إِلَيْكَ، لاَ مَلْجَأَ وَلاَ مَنْجَا مِنْكَ إِلاَّ إِلَيْكَ، اللَّهُمَّ آمَنْتُ بِكِتَابِكَ الَّذِي أَنْزَلْتَ، وَبِنَبِيِّكَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلْتَ.
(O Allah,1 I submit myself to You, entrust my affairs to You, turn my face to You, and lay myself down depending upon You , hoping in You and fearing You . There is no refuge , and no escape, except to You. I believe in Your Book (the Qur'an) that You revealed, and the Prophet whom You sent.)
If you should die then (after reciting this) you will die on the religion of Islam (i.e., as a Muslim); so let these words be the last you say (before going to bed)" (al-Bukhari)
(2) The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "When anyone of you goes to bed, he should dust it off thrice with the edge of his garment, and say:
بِاسْمِكَ رَبِّ وَضَعْتُ جَنْبِي وَبِكَ أَرْفَعُهُ، إِنْ أَمْسَكْتَ نَفْسِي فَاغْفِرْ لَهَا، وَإِنْ أَرْسَلْتَهَا فَاحْفَظْهَا بِمَا تَحْفَظُ بِهِ عِبَادَكَ الصَّالِحِينَ
(In Your name my Lord, I lie down and in Your name I rise, so if You should take my soul then have mercy upon it, and if You should return my soul then protect it in the manner You do so with Your righteous servants.)
(3) When the Prophet (ﷺ) went to bed at night, he would put his hand under his cheek and then say,
اللَّهُمَّ بِاسْمِكَ أَمُوتُ وَأَحْيَا
(In Your name O Allah, I live and die)
(4) whenever the Prophet (ﷺ) went to his bed, he would put his hand - meaning his right hand - beneath his cheek then say:
اللَّهُمَّ قِنِي عَذَابَكَ يَوْمَ تَبْعَثُ - أَوْ تَجْمَعُ - عِبَادَكَ
(O Allah, save me from Your punishment on the Day when You resurrect - or gather - Your slaves)." Sunan Ibn Majah
(5) "The Prophet(ﷺ) passed by me and I was lying on my stomach. He nudged me with his foot and said: 'O Junaidib! This is how the people of Hell lie.'"" (ibn Majah)
(6) Narrated Jabir:
The Prophet (ﷺ) would not sleep until he recited Alif Lam Mim Tanzil and: Tabarak Alladhi Biyadihil-Mulk." At-Tirmidhi Classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani
(7) That person said (to me), "(Please don't take me to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you.) When you go to your bed, recite Ayat-al-Kursi, (2.255) for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn." (When the Prophet (ﷺ) heard the story) he said (to me), "He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar; and it was Satan." (al Bukhari)
(8) The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If somebody recited the last two Verses of Surat Al-Baqara at night, that will be sufficient for him." (al-Bukhari)
(9) It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went to bed every night, he would hold his hands together and blow into them, and recite into them Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad, Qul a’oodhu bi rabb il-falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi rabb il-naas. Then he would wipe them over whatever he could of his body, starting with his head and face and the front of his body, and he would do that three times. ( al-Bukhaari)
(10) Fatima came to Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) and asked for a servant and told him of the hardship of household work. He said:
You would not be able to get a servant from us. May I not direct you to what is better than the servant for you? Recite Subhaana Allah thirty-three times, al- Hamdu li-Allah thirty-three times and Allah-o-Akbar thirty-four times as you go to bed (Muslim)
*Meaning of Astaghfir Allāh [I seek the forgiveness of Allāh]*
Shaykh Muhammad Sālih al-‘Uthaymeen [may Allāh have mercy on him] said:
“When you say ‘astagfir Allāh’ [I seek the forgiveness of Allāh], you are asking Allāh [Exalted be He] for two things:
The first: To conceal the sin.
The second: To overlook the sin and not punish you for it.”
Liqā’a Shahri 5/22 | Shaykh Muhammad Sālih al-‘Uthaymeen [may Allāh have mercy on him]
Translation: Authentic Quotes
Ibn Al-Jawzī رحمه الله stated:
"It's possible that the punishment (of Allāh) is delayed and it comes to (a person) towards the end of the (person's) life due to sins that took place during the (person's) youth."
[Sayd Al-Khātir of Ibn Al-Jawzī]
قال ابن الجوزي رحمه الله:
"قد تتأخر العقوبة وتأتي في آخر العمر لذنوب كانت في الشباب."
[صيد الخاطر لابن الجوزي رحمه الله]
Sometimes as youth we think we have time to become practicing when we get older and change their ways but there’s no guarantee that we will live to an old age.
Also, it’s important that youth use their time and energy for what’s good and stay away from what’s evil. It’s one of the reasons for a person being shaded under the Throne of Allah where there is no shade except His.
Those who are neglectful of the rights of Allah and continue to sin until an old age may face consequences when they get older as a result of their disobedience when they were young.
Therefore, for those who are past their youth stages and committed mistakes in the past is for them to repent to Allah with sincerity. For the one who repents from sin is like the one who has no sin and the consequences of punishment is removed from as well.
Results of Abandoning Sins :
Ibn al-Qayyim رحمه الله said:
1. Gaining beauty.
2. Glory in the hearts of people.
3. Support and protection from others If he was hurt.
4. Protection of his honour if he was slandered.
5. Answering his supplication and being close to Allah.
6. Close to the Angels and being far from the Satans among the humans and the jinn.
7. People will compete to serve him and fulfil his needs and to gain his love and company.
8. He will not fear death but he will be happy to meet Allah and receive His reward.
9. The world will be low in his eyes while the Hereafter will be great.
10. He will seek the greatest property, supreme achievement in the Hereafter.
11. Tasting the sweetness of obedience.
12. Sweetness of faith.
13. Supplications of the angels that carry the Throne and the other angels around him.
14. Happiness of the two angels that are recording his deeds, and their supplications.
15. An increase in knowledge, understanding and faith.
16. Loving Allah.
17. Longing to meet Him and happiness at his repentance.
18. Allah will reward him with happiness and joy that are not even close to the happiness experienced when committing sins.
#Ramadhan_vs_Dhul_Hijjah #The_first_ten_days_of_Dhul_Hijjah #Dhul_Hijjah_reminders
Shaykh ibn al-Uthaymeen (May Allah have mercy on him) said,
“Increase acts of good deeds during these ten days. Recite the Qur’aan, engage in dhikr, give charity and fast.”
[Majmoo’ al-Fatāwa 25/189]
*If you've ever felt this way, then the following words are for you.*
Imām Ibn Taymiyyah (Raḥimahullāh) was asked,
"What is the cure for a person who has been gripped with illness? A What does a person do if he has been overcome by laziness? How can I be a person who is assisted by Allah? What is the solution for a person.
The Imām responded,
دواؤه الالتجاء إِلَى الله ودوام التضرع وَالدُّعَاء بِأَن يتَعَلَّم الْأَدْعِيَة المأثورة ويتوخى الدُّعَاء فِي مظان الْإِجَابَة مثل آخر اللَّيْل وأوقات الْأَذَان وَالْإِقَامَة وَفِي سُجُوده وَفِي أدبار الصَّلَوَات
"His cure is to turn to Allah and continue pleading with Him in Du'aa by learning the Du'aa of the Prophet (Peace & Blessings be Upon Him) and to carefully choose the times when Du'aa is answered, like the last part of the night, and between the call for prayer and Iqaama, and during prostration, and after prayer."
وَيضم إِلَى ذَلِك الاسْتِغْفَار فَإِنَّهُ من اسْتغْفر الله ثمَّ تَابَ إِلَيْهِ متعه مَتَاعا حسنا إِلَى أجل مُسَمّى
"He should add to this Istighfaar (asking Allah for forgiveness), for a person who does this and is subsequently forgiven, Allah will give him a life of enjoyment until an appointed time"
وليتخذ وردا من الْأَذْكَار طرفِي النَّهَار وَوقت النّوم وليصبر على مَا يعرض لَهُ من الْمَوَانِع والصوارف فَإِنَّهُ لَا يلبث أَن يُؤَيّدهُ الله بِروح مِنْهُ وَيكْتب الْإِيمَان فِي قلبه
"Let him also adopt a portion of remembrances in the morning and evening and before falling asleep, and let him patiently resist the matters that prevent and distract him from doing this, for it will only be a matter of time before Allah will start sending him assistance from Him and will write 'iman within his heart"
وليحرص على إِكْمَال الْفَرَائِض من الصَّلَوَات الْخمس بباطنه وَظَاهره فَإِنَّهَا عَمُود الدّين
"Let him also ensure that all of his obligations are complete, including the five daily prayers, both inwardly and outwardly, for prayer is the pillar of Deen"
وَليكن هجيراه لَا حول وَلَا قُوَّة إِلَّا الله الْعلي الْعَظِيم فَإِنَّهُ بهَا يحمل الأثقال ويكايد الْأَهْوَال وينال رفيع الْأَحْوَال
"Let him also make the majority of his speech the words of 'Laa howla wa laa quwwata illa billaah al-'Ali al-'Adheem' ('There is no strength or might except in Allah, The Most High, The Most Great'), for through this statement, one will be able to bear the heaviest of burdens and tackle all horrors and attain the best of circumstances"
ولَا يسأم من الدُّعَاء والطلب فَإِن العَبْد يستحال لَهُ مالم يعجل فَيَقُول قد دَعَوْت فَلم يستجب لي
"Let him never tire of making Du'aa and requests from Allah, for one's Du'aa will be answered so long as he doesn't hurry his Lord by saying 'I made Du'aa, but it wasn't answered'"
وليعلم أَن النَّصْر مَعَ الصَّبْر وَأَن الْفرج مَعَ الكرب وَأَن مَعَ الْعسر يسرا
"Let him know that victory is with patience and relief is with grief and with difficulty is ease"
وَلم ينل أحد شَيْئا من حتم الْخَيْر نَبِي فَمن دونه إِلَّا بِالصبرِ وَالْحَمْد لله رب الْعَالمين
"And there isn't any human being who can attain any form of goodness, whether he is a prophet or someone less than that, *except* via patience.
And all praise is due to Allah."
(From the book, 'Mukhtasar Al-Fataawal Misriyya')
Reflect over these verses
Huge lesson for us all that deeds done without sincerely for Allah alone are all useless. How many people do good deeds for the public whether muslim or non muslim?
Two reasons why we fall short and slip in our religion, a golden piece of advice that deserves to be read often...
The scholars mention that the one who commits a sin out of desire and weakness then repentance is hoped for that person.
However, the one who commits sin out of arrogance then its unlikely for repentance for Such a person.
When Adam committed the sin he did it out of desire and weakness. He turned to Allah for his mistake and repented for his sin which he realized.
However, Iblis committed the sin out of arrogance and didn’t think he did anything wrong. He blamed Allah for it and did not acknowledge his sin.
There’s a big difference between the two.
Sometimes a person may fall into a sin but the difference is the one who did it out of desire and weakness knows it’s wrong and admits they are weak. They say when reminded that you’re right it’s a sin and I admit I’m weak and have shortcomings. May Allah forgive me and make dua for me. For such a person there is hope.
However, the one who commits the sin out of arrogance when reminded they say don’t judge me. Only God can judge me or they say it’s between me and Allah and they make excuses for their sin. The person makes excuses for their sins in order to continue in their arrogance without taking heed when reminded. This kind of attitude resembles iblis and destruction may happen to such a person.
This is something to reflect upon and take reminder from!
- Set a standard for yourself, if you find strength within youself, add to that standard, if you don't find that strenght, then do not drop from your standard. (I explain this principle in the video).
Remember that the most beloved deeds to Allah are the ones that are done consistently, even if they are tiny.
The benefit of being consistent is that you're always ready & prepared to meet Allah, because the path of consistency, is a path that Allah loves.
EFFECTS OF SINS AND THE
EFFECTS OF FORGIVENESS
This list is based on Ibn Al Qayyim’s book (الداء والدواء) – “Sickness and Cure”.
1. Sins deprive us from knowledge and from the light that’s cast in the heart.
Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) will open
knowledge for us when we seek forgiveness.
2. Sins deprive a person from provision which he is unaware of.
Seeking forgiveness will lead to be provision which one would not expect.
3. Sins brings about feelings of awkwardness between us and Allah (سبحانه وتعالى). We will have
سبحانه ( no feelings towards Allah .astaghfarAllah ,)وتعالى
Seeking forgiveness will make us have feelings for Allah and feelings of )سبحانه وتعالى(
affinity towards Him.
4. Sins cause a person to be detached from the people and to feel awkward when seated with good people.
Seeking forgiveness will make us relaxed and there will be no barrier between us and people of goodness and knowledge.
5. Sins make our affairs harder, and when we think a door is going to open it closes.
Seeking forgiveness will open closed doors and make our affairs easy. We should not look at people or what is the sin itself, but just seek forgiveness.
How fast Ramadan came and is gone. Our lives are passing by the same way
Abu Ayyub reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.”
[Sahih Muslim 1164, Sunan Abi Dawud 2433, Jami` at-Tirmidhi 759, wording here is from Sunan Ibn Majah 1716. Grade: Sahih]
The Prophet (ﷺ) explained this when he (ﷺ) said: “Whoever fasts for six days after (Eid) al-Fitr has completed the year: (whoever does a good deed (hasanah) will have ten hasanah like it).” According to another report: “Allah has made for each hasanah ten like it, so a month is like fasting ten months, and fasting six days completes the year.”
[An-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah. See also Sahih al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/421]
Also narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah with the wording: “Fasting for the month of Ramadaan brings the reward of ten like it, and fasting for six days brings the reward of two months, and that is the fasting of the whole year.”
The Hanbali and Shaafa’i fuqaha’ explained that fasting six days of Shawwaal after fasting Ramadaan makes it as if one has fasted for an entire year of obligatory fasts, because the multiplication of the reward applies even to naafil fasts, because each hasanah brings the reward of ten like it.
Another of the important benefits of fasting six days of Shawwaal is that is makes up for any shortfall in a person's obligatory Ramadaan fasts. On the Day of Resurrection, some of his naafil deeds will be taken to make up the shortcomings in his obligatory deeds, as narrated..
Abu Hurairah reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “The first of man's deeds for which he will be called to account on the Day of Resurrection will be Salat. If it is found to be perfect, he will be safe and successful; but if it is incomplete, he will be unfortunate and a loser. If any shortcoming is found in the obligatory Salat, the Glorious and Exalted Rubb will command (although He knows best) to see whether His slave has offered any voluntary Salat so that the obligatory Salat may be made up by it.
Then the rest of his actions will be treated in the same manner.”
[Riyad as-Salihin Hadith 1081]
There is great power when women pray. We see many examples in the Bible of women ministering to Jesus and then within the church.
CFFM is a Sanctuary of Praise. A place where there is dynamic worship that connects the throne of Mercy to release Grace. For more info, call 214-232-9621
Overcomers Ministries Church formerly La Generation des Vainqueurs Ministry Church No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37
VCCA is the training and professional membership association supporting Victim Relief Ministries, Inc.
We are Christ’s Community of Faith, Hope and Love; Connecting People with the Ultimate Source of Victory.
Waterview Baptist Church in Richardson, TX
NCSY is the premier organization dedicated to connect, inspire and empower Jewish teens and encourage passionate Judaism through Torah and Tradition.
Visit our Youtube Channel for Streaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNE06CmSDw4cGLiQVXBjoFQ
Islamic Speakers Bureau, DFW (ISB-DFW), an independent affiliate of the Islamic Networks Group (ING.ORG), is a non-profit educational organization based in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
Trinity Bible Church is located at 400 W. Campbell Rd. in Richardson. Our Sunday mornings are designed with the believer in mind. Our worshipping community focuses on lifting up the name of Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father
But I am among you as one who serves. - Luke 22:27
Isaiah 61:1. The Spirit Of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach glad tidings unto the meek...