A diverse, fast growing, multi-ethnic, nondenominational, Spirit led ministry. We believe that God’s greatest desire is to redeem mankind back to Himself.
Mission: The purpose of our church is to help hurting souls find their purpose and to help lost souls find their way back to Christ.
Worship begins at 9:30am. We look forward to seeing you at Church On Purpose. 🤗
2.12.20 - "HOW TO DEAL WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE"
Types of difficult people:
5. Flippant (not serious or respectful)
6. Obtuse (annoyingly insensitive/impolite)
7. Button-pushers (enjoy irritating others)
9. Prideful/Narcissistic (overly consumed with themselves)
10. "Gas-lighters" (people who psychologically manipulate others by making them question their own memory or perception of things in order to take the focus off of themselves)
HOW DID JESUS DEAL WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE?
1. Rebuking them when necessary ( Jn. 8:41-47)
2. Ignoring them and saying nothing (Jn. 8:6). You don't have to respond to everything, especially when people try to trap you.
3. Asking powerful questions (Mk. 11:28-29). Learn how to hear God quickly. Wisdom comes much easier if you've already deposited God's Word in your heart to retrieve it when needed.
4. Pointing them back to Scripture (Mk. 10:2-3).
5. Redirecting by telling a story (Luke 7:39-43).
When responding to difficult people, don't let your heart be overcharged. Don't let people resurrect the OLD YOU by walking in the flesh! Practice being in communion with God all the time so that you don't escalate the situation by trying to take vengeance for yourself (Luke 6:27-31, James 1:19-20, 1 Peter 3:9). Even if you don't see God dealing with the person, trust that He is. That's spiritual maturity.
2.9.20 - Pastor continued his February relationship mini-series with a sermon called "SLOW IT DOWN."
1 Cor. 7:32-35 MSG
Paul said if you're unmarried (i.e., single) your focus should be on how you can best serve the Lord. We are called to serve the Lord even in dating relationships. Christian dating is kingdom business. The goal is eventually to marry and create a kingdom partnership, not to play games.
Remember that your body is a temple of God and that virginity and purity are celebrated, not something to be ashamed of.
Thoughts to remember while dating:
1. Maintain Godly standards and morals. Jesus should be first and center!
2. See dating as a way to learn about the other person and get to know their character.
3. Discover what you like/dislike and determine if compatibility is present.
4. Keep it casual!
5. Involve friends and family in your time together.
6. Limit physical displays of affection.
7. Set clear boundaries and maintain them.
8. Be open and honest with your parents and mentors. Accountability is important!
9. Engage or disengage. Don't string things along if you know clearly that it's not working.
10. If you're not ready to marry (i.e., too young, not in the same phase of life, etc.), you may not be ready to date. Remember that Christian dating is kingdom business!
2.5.20 - "Love is Learning to Let Go."
Matt. 18:21-22, 35
Prov. 24:17-18, 29
When dealing with offense: LOVINGLY CONFRONT, PRIVATELY PRAY, AND LET GOD BE THE ENFORCER. Your job is not to make the person repent, but to communicate the offense and let the Holy Spirit do His work, even if you don't see the fruit of it at that time.
A grudge is a refusal to forgive. Holding grudges sets you up as both judge and jury in someone's life and gives them power over your emotions - in essence making them an idol in your life. We often feel that we're responsible for seeing justice done and letting others know how bad we are hurt, but we do God no favors by trying to "help" Him right a bad situation! God doesn't need our anger. He needs our cooperation and submission to His will and His way. Set your heart to forgive in advance and don't steal God's vengeance! (Rom. 12:19)
Bitterness and unforgiveness are linked to heart attacks, strokes, depression, ulcers, other illnesses, and even death. Don't let people become a stumbling block of offense to you and take you out of this world early because you couldn't let things go! Remember that love isn't easily offended! (1 Cor. 13:5 TLB)
We think forgiveness means to excuse sin or pretend the offense did not matter. Neither is true. Forgiveness is:
-NOT about the other person. It is between us and God. It is God's GIFT to us to release us from the control of those who hurt us.
-an act of SURRENDER to God's will and releasing to Him any right to VENGEANCE OR RESTITUTION, knowing that He will work on our behalf if we will BE STILL and PRAY.
-The CHOICE TO TRUST GOD with the outcome of the offense and the acknowledgment that GOD IS JUDGE, not us.
-The way to put our relationship with God back into PROPER ALIGNMENT. Forgiveness and reconciliation are not synonymous. Sometimes boundaries must be put in place and new adjustments made to relationships based on true repentance and trustworthiness of the offender. But even if the relationship can't be reconciled, make sure that you have cleared the air between you and God and you have purged your heart of bitterness. Remember, unforgiveness is SIN.
Don't worry and occupy your thoughts with what someone has done to you. The gateway to bitterness is through your THOUGHTS. The thought does more damage the longer it is entertained. Make your thoughts obey God!
**God is not looking to respond to what happened to you. God is looking to respond to what YOU DO based on what has happened to you. YOUR RESPONSE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY and can LIMIT what God is able to do in your defense! The RIGHT RESPONSE comes from having a RIGHT HEART toward the situation.
Your mouth and your fists should not be your first line of defense! Your PRAYER LIFE should be! God will sometimes allow certain people to offend you so that somebody in the earth realm can be praying for them. You may be the only person who will pray!
God can use conflict to BLESS YOU! If offense shows up in your life, ALWAYS PRAY FOR GOD'S PERSPECTIVE in the situation. What might God be trying to reveal to you?
Forgiveness is uncomfortable, challenging and definitely a process, but work hard to TRUST GOD ENOUGH AND LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO LET IT GO.
Thank you for joining us this evening...We hope you enjoy tonights service.
It’s ON tonight for Bible Study! 6:30pm. Bring a friend!!
2.2.20 "THE POWER OF LOVE" (John 8:10-11 KJV)
It is impossible to love people the right way if you haven't experienced the love of God the right way.
Jesus was in the synagogue teaching the law, and the Pharisees brought in a woman that they had caught in adultery. They were trying to trap Jesus. If he let her go, he would be breaking Jewish law. If he killed her, as the law said, it would discredit him in front of the "sinners" he befriended and ate with.
A thing to note about sin: private sins will become public shame if you do not address them (Luke 8:17). God will first fire a "warning shot" to get your attention. Warning comes before destruction. If God is nudging you, heed him.
Why is this true especially for believers? Because it is in our job description for people to see what we do (Matt. 5:16). We are called to shine light in darkness.
Exposure is not designed to be a bad thing. It's only bad if you're not ready for it. God is going to shine a light - what will He find?
Let the mistakes of others serve as a warning to you ( 1 Cor. 10:5-6, 10). Don't be so self-righteous that you forget to look at yourself! If you think you are standing firm, be careful that you yourself don't fall!
Love deals with the sin without destroying the sinner (Prov. 10:12, John 8:11). Don't sweep the sin under the rug. Deal with the sin, but ignore gossip and cover that person in love, as Jesus did.
Make a covenant that when God provides the "way of escape," you take it. "Go and sin no more." (John 8:11)
We look forward to seeing you this morning. Come and experience God’s Love in an amazing way. Service begins at 9:30am.
1.29.20 - In light of all the recent notices of death that we have been made aware of in our church and in the media, Pastor taught a lesson on "Understanding Death".
The Bible describes death as a "separation." Physical death is the soul separated from the body. Spiritual death is the soul separated from God.
For the unsaved, death brings to an end the chance to accept God's salvation. For the Believer, death ushers us into the presence of Christ.
You can cancel or reschedule appointments here on earth, but we all have an appointment with death that will not be missed, and we will all give an account of our lives before God (Heb. 9:27, Rom. 14:12 NLV).
In death, our bodies return to dust our spirits return to God (Ecc. 12:7).
God is going to test the quality of our works here on earth (1 Cor. 3:13-15 AMP). We need to make sure we are doing everything with the right motivation and in the right spirit. Don't miss out on your reward!
After death, there will be a resurrection (John 5:28-29 AMP, 1 Cor. 15:12-19). The resurrection proves that if Jesus overcame the grave, we can too. The grave is only a bridge that carries us from this life to the next.
When you die, you're either going to Heaven or Hell - you're not missing both of them. The question is: are you ready? When it's your time, will you have your affairs in order? Accepting Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to make it into Heaven. Are you prepared to meet him?
1.26.20 "GOD IS ABLE!" (Dan. 3:16-17)
Fire represents trials and difficulties. The 3 Hebrew boys didn't bank on the fact that God would deliver them; they were banking on the fact that God was ABLE to deliver.
Even if God doesn't choose to do it, celebrate the fact that He CAN (Eph. 3:20).
HOW TO GET VICTORY OVER THE FIRE:
1. RECOGNIZE YOUR GIFTS (Dan. 1:17). You have to know what God put in you. Greater is He that is in YOU than he that is in the world. Confidence manifests when you're doing what God told you to do.
2. REJECT TEMPTATION (Dan. 1:8-10 MSG). Temptation comes to separate you from the presence of God. You can't hear God when you're in sin.
3. REMEMBER YOUR CONFIDANTS (Dan. 2:48-49 MSG). Don't forget who helped you get to where you are.
4. REFUSE TO BOW DOWN (Dan. 3:16-18 MSG). Don't let yourself be subject to anything except the one true God. Satan will always try to get you to bow down to something.
5. REMAIN FAITHFUL IN THE FIRE (Dan. 3:21 NLV). Don't doubt, murmur, complain, or gossip. They submitted to the trial because they knew God was able!
6. RETURN WITH VICTORY OVER THE FIRE (Dan. 3:27 NLT). God is going to put you back together as if it never happened!
1.22.20 "The Purpose of the Light"
Eph. 5:8-10 MSG
John 1:6-8 MSG
Matt. 5:14-16 MSG
John 8:12 NKJV
Psalm 27:1-6 NKJV
John 12:35-36 GWT
"Light" - the power of understanding, especially moral and spiritual truth. Jesus is the Light!
The purpose of light is to reveal the properties of objects it collides with. If it has nothing to shine on, it's ineffective.
Light is ENERGY. When you have THE LIGHT, God will give you the energy to do what He has called you to do. When you're not operating in what God has graced you to do, or when you spend so much time channeling your energy into other things without taking time to be nourished by God, you become depleted. Your time is too valuable to waste energy on non-purposeful things and people who only drain you! YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO WASTE ENERGY IN THIS SEASON!
Light reflects BEAUTY. Learn to see the "beautiful" in everyone and everything. Your life should be a reflection of how beautiful and good God is.
Light FINDS WHAT IS GOOD and brings it out for others to enjoy. People should want to do good because of you.
Light helps us better use our SENSES. Because you have the Light of Christ in you, you should be the one who helps others use their good sense and who shows them the way to go. God needs YOU to shine the light on what is morally and spiritually right. If the world says it's right but God says it's wrong, it's WRONG! Truth is not relative. Truth is God.
Light ELIMINATES the fear that accompanies darkness. You have energy, you have strength, and you have power to repel the darkness that is in this world! "The Lord is my LIGHT and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?" (Psalm 27:1)
1.19.20 - "THE KEYS TO OVERCOMING FEAR" (2 Chron. 20:3 NKJV)
Fear cripples us and causes us not to move forward in life. Anytime fear enters your life, you can rest assured it didn't come from God (2 Tim. 1:7).
Jehoshaphat was the 4th king of Judah. He tried to honor God during his reign and was very wealthy and powerful. But even he wrestled with fear. No matter how much security you have, we ALL wrestle with fear.
Be careful who you get your information from. Scared people scare people! (2 Chron. 20:1-2)
-Sought the Lord.
-Called a fast.
When you get news that makes you uneasy, go and talk to the Lord for yourself. The Word you need in this season won't come from Google or from someone else's revelation. God wants to talk to YOU personally. There may be some sacrifices you have to make in order to hear from Him. Set your face to seek the Lord and GUARD YOUR TIME WITH HIM!
HOW TO OVERCOME FEAR:
1. Realize the battle is not yours (2 Chron. 20:17). Your biggest battle won't be with people; it will be getting YOU and YOUR AGENDA out of the way! Stress is a "check engine" light telling you that something is "off" spiritually and that you're not trusting God in a particular area. What are you fighting that's NOT your battle?
2. RECEIVE the Word that has been declared (2 Chron. 20:20, Heb. 4:2). When you hear the Word, write it down, pray over it, and start making the adjustments in your life. You have to mix the Word with faith and APPLY it so that it will profit you!
3. Rejoice BEFORE the battle is over (2 Chron. 20:21-22). What you bring to the fight is your PRAISE! Praise confuses the enemy and makes victory manifest for you. Don't wait until the battle is over - shout now!
Thank you for joining us this morning. We pray that you are blessed by todays word
Come worship with us this Sunday morning or Wednesday evening. We would love to see you there.
search.google.com We are Excited that out church is growing. People are experiencing the Love of Jesus in an amazing way. Plan your next visit this weekend. We can't wait to see you!
Churchonpurpose.cc's cover photo
1.15.20. "Wrestling with God"
Gen. 32:24-31 AMP
There's a "wrestling" process that God has with all of us in order to get what's IN us to come OUT of us! Wrestling with God is the inner conflict that happens when we refuse to surrender our will to God's will.
HOW TO KNOW YOU'RE WRESTLING WITH GOD:
1. You're running away from God's will (Jonah 1:3). Jonah ran from God AND his duty as a prophet. Is there an area of your life where you are not obeying God?
2. You're trusting in your own strength (Example: Samson). Don't get caught up in your abilities, money, job, etc. The right sickness/circumstance can take everything you've got! Put your trust in the Lord! Change the "default setting" in your heart/spirit. It can't be set to whatever sin you normally operate in!
3. When you operate in pride. Pride doesn't always mean arrogance. It can also mean preferring your will over God's. We have to be like Jesus and say to God: "Nevertheless, not my will, but Yours."
4. When you work to cover up sin (Exodus 2:12). It's so much easier to just live right! Confess your sin and forsake it!
HOW DID JACOB GET SET FREE?
1. He was alone with God (Gen. 32:24). If Satan can't slow you down, he will speed you up! Be intentional about removing distractions!
2. He was hungry for God (vs. 26). He had gotten to the point where he was tired of his lifestyle and was desperate for something greater.
3. He was broken by God (vs. 25-28). We tend to let go of God when things get tough, but you've got to hold on to God until something breaks!
4. Jacob was honest with God (vs. 27). He stopped pretending and became real about who he was: Jacob the deceiver. Then God became real with him about who he truly was: Israel. God cannot deal with you until you are willing to deal in truth!
God has a plan and desire to change something deep inside of you - something that may have been following you your whole life. "Israel" was in Jacob the whole time, but Jacob had to stop running and allow himself to be broken so that God could release it.
1.12.20 "I WANT MY MOUNTAIN!"
Caleb had a "different spirit" (Numbers 14:24). He operated in COURAGE. Know that there's something DIFFERENT about you too. God has called you to stand out and be FEARLESS!
Caleb followed God "wholly" (Josh. 14:8). He operated in GOOD CHARACTER. Character is what you do when no one is watching. Whatever you do, follow God to the fullest extent - all the time.
Caleb was faithful (Josh. 14:10-12). He never forgot the COVENANT God made with the people. He testified that the same fighting strength he had when he was 40 years old was the same strength he had at 85. Caleb never forgot the PROMISE!
Many people want the "plains" - the level ground, the easy way out. Caleb wanted the "mountains" - the hill country. Caleb went after the thing that everyone else ran away from.
This year, FACE YOUR FEARS. What conversations are you afraid to have? What are you afraid to go after? What opportunities are you letting pass you by? This year, get some "skin in the game." This is the year that God is going to bless your WORK as long as it glorifies Him.
Caleb said, "See that big mountain? Give me that one."
Church ON Purpose is a diverse, fast growing, multiethnic, nondenominational, Spirit led ministry. We believe that God’s greatest desire is to redeem mankind back to Himself. The purpose of our church is to help hurting souls find their purpose and to help lost souls find their way back to Christ.
|Monday||09:00 - 15:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 15:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 15:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 12:00|
|Sunday||09:00 - 12:00|
625 East Loop 281 Longview, Tx 75605 903.663.7367 Mobberly se reserva el derecho de editar o borrar publicaciones y entradas.
CRBC Longview TX is a Reformed Baptist Church loving Christ, His Church, reverent Worship, the Word of God, and Responsible Church Membership.
Come join us each and every Sunday morning. We start off at 9:30 with hot coffee, donuts and shootin' the breeze, followed by cowboy church at 10:00
An International Bible based ministry to reach boys and girls with the gospel of Christ Jesus
Where New Life Begins!
We are in the process of relocating and have moved out of the Morgan Street building and are meeting temporarily at the chapel of the Hiway 80 Mission
We are a ministry team that is on a mission across America to introduce Jesus Christ to kids outside the walls of the church where they live and play.
Alpines Family Ministry devotes it self to encouraging discipleship, meaningful relationships, service and family.
REACHING PEOPLE BUILDING LIVES
The Reel Road Church of Christ, an independent, non-denominational group of Christians seeking to follow the pattern of God’s Word, meets in Longview, TX.