Your child, our focus. Every child is a wonderfully unique individual who possesses her or his own learning style and maturity level. That is why, at Englewood Christian School (ECS), we approach each child as someone with a unique set of talents and learning needs.
Englewood Christian School was opened in 2001 to serve the needs of our growing community. Over the years, the school has earned praise for its continuous improvement in student test scores AND consistently high levels of parent satisfaction. Englewood Christian School may be a new name to downtown Englewood, but our faculty and staff are experienced and skilled, and our ACE curriculum has been improving the learning of students since 1970. We challenge every student to surpass his or her own personal best. Englewood Christian School is particularly proud of its diversity and takes every opportunity to celebrate those characteristics that make us different. We welcome all who come through our door.
Operating as usual
[10/09/20] Friday morning dance. We can’t do dance down the aisle anymore, so we do it in the back parking lot.
Friday afternoon fun with water, noodles, & cups.
Staying cool on a Friday afternoon. Remember - no school Monday September 7.
We did opening outside today.
[08/11/20] Ready or not, school starts tomorrow - August 12th.
We have a new phone number 941-208-5773
Don’t forget parent night is mandatory - Aug 6th or 10th at 6:30 at our new building. 571 Medical Dr, Englewood.
First day of school is August 12th. See the full calendar in the website www.ecschool.org
I am sorry to announce that the school received an email Monday advising that private schools were to remain closed for the remainder of this school year. We have been working hard to put things in place to open up the new building for May. I also was hoping to get the students back into school for the remainder of the year. I realize that many of you hopefully will be returning to work and do not need the stress of where your child will be. The teachers will continue working with your children as they have been. We will keep you updated on any changes. God Bless and stay healthy and safe. We are praying for you and your families.
Rev Michael Lindsey, Administrator
To all parents: we will receive an update concerning private schools and what we can and cannot do beginning next week from the Florida Department of education. Since we are not a public school and we don’t have 500 to 600 students plus, we are able to make a decision based on what we are led by the Florida Department of education. As soon as we know that, we will either continue what we’re doing now or be able to change course. We will Forward the instructions on what we are allowed to do as soon as we know. If private schools are allowed to open up for the month of May, and we decide to do that, it would still be on a voluntary basis. Parents will have the choice of whether to send their kids to the school or keep them at home.
We are being sensitive to the fact of working parents who will need a place for their children, if they have to go to work. We are also sensitive to the fact of students being out of school for 5 months and then trying to get their student to go back to school.
Work is progressing nicely at the new building!
[03/29/20] If you’re looking for a church service, join Crosspoint Englewood Church of the Nazarene at 11am this morning for a Facebook live service with singing lead by Mr John followed by a message by Pastor Lindsey.
[03/24/20] Friday, the bus will be running it’s normal morning route to deliver paces/work for all students who did NOT take paces home. If they don’t ride the bus please stop by the school Friday morning by 8:30 AM to pick up work/paces.
[03/21/20] If you’re looking for a church service tomorrow, join Crosspoint Englewood Church of the Nazarene at 11am for a Facebook live service with singing lead by Mr John followed by a message by Pastor Lindsey.
[03/21/20] After all of our careful planning and discussions yesterday, we have received clarification from the Department of Education. ALL schools in the state of Florida, Public and Private, regardless of size, must remain closed until April 15, 2020. However, beginning March 30, all of our teachers will be at the school to help your students continue in PACE work and Computer work. This coming week, we will have the PACES ready to be sent out to your students if they do not have them. Beginning Monday March 30, the teachers will be available from 9AM until 3:30PM Monday through Friday.
We realize and understand the following:
The state is recommending schools remain closed until April 15, at this time. However, as a Christian school, we do believe God is greater than the coronavirus and everything proceeds according to God’s will. Moreover, we consider learning to be an ongoing process and because we consider teaching children about God’s world and God himself critical to every student’s life, we want to take measures to make sure their learning progress is not impeded, and to avoid extending their school year if possible.
Finally, we also know that many of our school parents are still required to work during this time and finding childcare could be costly and/or impossible.
As such we plan to enact the following protocols to maximize students health and safety while allowing for ongoing learning.
1. Mr. John‘s class: Since the majority of the students in Mr. John’s class are old enough to remain at home, we are encouraging them to do so. All students using the computers will be able to access all of their lessons and so forth from the house. All assignments will be open to them on the computer up to their unit tests. The only exception is the Bible subject in which all quizzes, tests, and so forth will be open for the students. In relation to their paces, students are encouraged to complete the entire pace books they currently have including their self test. At the point where all current books are finished the student will contact Mr. John to schedule a testing date and the date they can receive their new books. Beginning on Monday March 30, as the student completes pages and reaches score strips, they should text Mr. John and he will call them and score their work verbally over the phone. This will be done by the student giving Mr. John or Mr. David the answers they have written and in return they will be told correct or wrong.
2. Kindergarten through sixth grade: as of March 30, we will resume regular classes. Only students in Miss Mona’s or Miss Cheryl‘s class will be allowed to attend. The bus and van will run normal schedules. Without the older kids on these vehicles. We will be able to space the students further apart. The faculty will be wearing masks and gloves, students will be asked to wear masks for their protection and the protection of others. With only young students attending, we will be able to spread them out further apart at the school. There will be no specials, no recess and we will eliminate opening exercise so as to decrease the chances of virus spread through social interaction. Students will still need to bring snacks and lunch but will be eating at their desks. They are able to bring extra snacks so as to eat throughout the day if they wish to. We will have times throughout the day to spread out in the assembly area to watch a video or have individual physical activity so they are not just sitting at their desks all day.
3. If a student shows any of the symptoms below they will not be allowed to attend school during the time of their ailment. If they arrive with these symptoms, they will be sent home immediately: fever, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting, cough.
4. Teachers will not be allowed to administer first aid or medication of any kind. Also, teachers will not be allowed to help with lunches.
5. At this time we are dismissing our usual end of year events until further notice. We are postponing the talent show, and will hopefully be able to have the performance at a later date before the end of the year.
6. Please note, this could change at any moment if the governor invokes a state wide shut down.
[03/16/20] Because of keeping up with health standards that have been recently announced by Sarasota and Charlotte public schools, we will also close our school through March 27. At this time the school will reopen March 30. In the meantime we will also be doing a large disinfectant cleaning. Students that are on computer work, will be able to continue their work next week after the end of spring break.
These kids enjoyed a breakfast treat for having perfect attendance for the 3rd quarter.
Almost every Friday we have clubs. The Outdoor Adventure Club has been sailing, kayaking, hiking, and to the beach.
Almost every Friday we have clubs. The Outdoor Adventure Club has been sailing, kayaking, hiking, and to the beach.
[03/08/20] Don’t forget - tomorrow is school picture day. We have a professional photographer coming & all students will have their picture taken. They may dress up - girls may wear dresses, boys may wear button up shirts and ties if they would like - NO t-shirts of any kind. If they do not choose to dress up, they must wear their Royal Blue ECS shirt. It is good if the student brings a comb or brush, clothes are ironed. If possible they should have a good breakfast so they are alert and ready. If you want to order a package, just send in the form. Money is not due until March 23.
How to swing like a kindergartner. 🤭
Step Up For Students
📣 Parents, we have great news for you!
Step Up For Students is now accepting applications from new families for income-based scholarships for the 2020-21 school year. If you wish to apply, please click on the link below to create an account and start your online application.
All applicants must have an active email address to create an online application. If you have created an account in the past, please use that same email address to apply for the 2020-21 school year.
There is no fee to apply for the scholarship, and we only accept online applications. We urge you to apply as soon as possible as funds are limited. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis in the order all required documents are received.
If you have any questions, you can contact us via online chat or by calling our Service Center at 877-735-7837. Our Service Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST. We are here to help you.
Here is a link to the a few helpful videos for the income-based application for the 2020-21 school year: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh9N9twC2I7HWa-g9g0efPIeQtz4QRoIq
PLEASE NOTE: Florida Statute requires Step Up For Students to give priority to lower income families. If your income is found to be greater than 185% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, your student(s) will be placed on a waitlist. Please visit our site to view these guidelines.
Arts & crafts club painted bird houses today.
[02/16/20] Remember - there’s no school tomorrow! See you Tuesday. 😀
Every child is a wonderfully unique individual who possesses her or his own learning style and maturity level. That is why, at Englewood Christian School (ECS), we approach each child as someone with a unique set of talents and learning needs.
At ECS, we strive to keep class size not simply manageable but personal to allow our faculty and staff to better know each student and aid with her or his learning objectives. We use a combination of ACE ministries curriculum and Alpha and Omega computer curriculum.
Our skilled staff combined with our personal class size allows each student to not only receive instruction in education and values but also tutoring, if necessary, on an individual basis.
|Monday||08:00 - 15:30|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 15:30|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 15:30|
|Thursday||08:00 - 03:30|
|Friday||08:00 - 15:30|
Provider of services & resources to those in need within the greater Englewood, FL area incl. food pantry, clothing closet, school back pack program and more.
Night to Shine is a prom for people with special needs, ages 14 & up, held at Englewood United Methodist Church, sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation.
The official page of the Youth of St. David's Episcopal Church
Every Wednesday @ Fellowship Church of Englewood, Florida 140 Rotonda Blvd., 33947 Large Group 6:00-7:00 Small Groups: 7:00-8:00
K-5 Children's Ministry at The Bridge Church - Venice, FL
We're a Church.
We are a WELS Church . Come join us in our worship and fellowship
An Assemblies of God church - where you are a guest today, a friend tomorrow and family forever. Sunday Mornings at 9 & 11AM
A church that loves Jesus and people. None are perfect, but through the blood of Jesus Christ we are perfected in Him. Service @ 9:46 am every Sunday.
A Church supporting the community with the only foundation Jesus Christ and The Word of God
The Bridge Church currently meets at SKY Academy (871 S. River Road, Englewood, FL 34223). Service Times: In-person and online services are at 8:30 and 10:30am. Office Location: 720 Commerce Dr. Unit 104. Venice, FL 34292
Founded in 1985 with a mission "to perpetuate the legacy of the past and honor the pioneer settlers of the Lemon Bay area.”