Living to make Him known
Mission: A family committed to living to make Him known. ::truth without compromise, prayer without doubt, sharing instinctively, and serving selflessly::
Operating as usual
Jeff Frost, one of our Deacons, shares today from our One Year Bible reading. He reminds us that sometimes it is best to just listen! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/28/counseling-don-t-s-from-elihu
Pastor Jerry, Children's Ministry, shares today from our Job passage of the Chronological One Year Bible Reading. https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/26/secure-in-god-s-hand
Pastor Curt Krohn
- How long have you worked at Faith? I arrived in May of 1994
- Job Title: I served as Pastor of Student Ministries from May ‘94 - Dec ‘01. Since Dec ‘01 I have been the Senior Pastor.
- Fun Fact about you/your family: We always eat out on Thanksgiving. And My Mother-In-Law likes me more then my own mother does.... I have no idea of any other fun facts!!!
- Something that the Lord taught you in 2020: Nothing stays the same. Our world has changed in huge ways in 2020 and we have to trust his direction while walking a path that has many switchbacks and forks in it, He is ultimately in control and working out his plan... Our job is to trust that plan.
Michael Burner, one of our Marriage Mentors, shares on our Marriage Monday blog! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/25/real-christians-never-apologize
Bob Busenitz, one of our Elders, reminds us to trust in our Sovereign God no matter what circumstances look like. He is sharing from Job in our One Year Chronological Bible Reading. https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/22/thoughts-from-job
Jim Hallbauer, one of our Deacons, reminds us to remain faithful to our Savior! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/21/remember-my-servant-job
Curt Krohn, Senior Pastor, challenges us today to think about what we say or write in 2021. https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/20/does-your-breath-stink
Ben Urban, Pastor of Student Ministries, shares today from the Chronological One Year Bible reading. He reminds us that that God allows us to be a part of glorifying His name in this world. https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/19/accepting-god-s-gifts
Pastor Jerry Hull
• How Long have you worked at Faith? Almost 39 years
• Job Title: Pastor of Children’s Ministry
• Fun fact about you/your family: Something fun for the Hull family is being together out on the lake--any lake… but our favorite lakes are in Arkansas.
• Something that the Lord taught you in 2020: This year, the Lord has been teaching us that He has everything under control and nothing escapes His care or love for us. Learning to survive and do ministry under the pandemic has brought many new challenges, blessings, and also a bit of loneliness for us. We miss our everyday interactions with our Faith family. The Lord has also been teaching us how to be creative and think outside the box as we come up with new ways to do ministry. Zoom meetings, FaceTime calls, and virtual VBS this year are just to name a few. All in all, each day the Lord has a great plan and I delight in just being a part of it.
Service January 17th - "Deliverance Come With Defeat" Isaiah 27
Pastor Curt leads us this week as we continue our series in the book of Isaiah with Isaiah 27 "Deliverance Comes With Defeat".
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: YouTube.com/FaithBiblechurchDeSoto
Glenn Sage, one of our Deacons, reminds us who our hope is in! He never changes and He never leaves us!! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/14/god-is-in-control-and-we-can-trust-him
Craig Lester, Pastor of Worship and Music, shares today from our Chronological One Year Bible Reading in Genesis. He reminds us to cling to God with all our might! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/12/and-there-he-blessed-him-gen-32-29
• How long have you worked at Faith? - 7 months
• Job Title - Worship Ministries Assistant
• A fun fact about you/your family - I am the middle child of a big family and all of us love to swim. We swam competitively for over a decade and loved every minute of it. I recently became an aunt for the first time to little Mia and we are waiting to see if she inherited any of the Sowell swimming genes!
• Something the Lord taught you in 2020 - How to pause, humble myself, and listen to the Holy Spirit and choose truth over my own perspective and emotions.
Patti Calderon, one of our Marriage Mentors, shares today on our blog. Reminds us to be loyal to God and our spouses!! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/11/remember
Due to weather conditions we have canceled AWANA and Stronger Together Marriage Class for tonight! Enjoy the snow and stay safe and warm!
Service Jan. 10th - Lift Him up: Christ our Cornerstone
Lift Him up: Christ our Cornerstone
Paul Kightlinger, Chairman of the Elder Board, shares today. He reminds us that we are all important when we are on God's lists. https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/08/names-on-a-list
Dameon Gray, one of our Deacons, shares today his thoughts on Abraham and Isaac's story. https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/07/a-relationship-of-faith
Takiyah Gray, Women's Ministry Team Member, shares her thoughts today from our Genesis passage of our Chronological One Year Bible reading. We need to listen to the Lord and obey His word! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/06/heeding-the-voice-of-the-lord
Pastor Marc, Adult Ministries, shares today from the Chronological One Year Bible reading. He reminds us that we can talk with God and be open with Him. He knows and cares for us! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/05/abram-the-man-of-faith
Gabriella Suzanne Urban
- How long have you worked at Faith? A little over 2 years
- Job Title: Adult Ministry Assistant
- Fun fact about you/your family: I love coffee and people. When I’m not working you can find me exploring a local coffee shop and making new friends.... that will then make an appearance on my brothers podcast. #samebloodpodcast
- Something that the Lord taught you in 2020: To be present in the now. That my plans might get completely messed up but His plan never will and are way better then I could ever have imagined.
Don't forget to sign up for our Stronger Together Marriage Class starting THIS SUNDAY! $20/per couple. You will be able to attend either in person or via Zoom. For more information or to register, visit our website www.faithbible.com/mm
Host, Dr. Doug Weiss, renowned Christian sex-therapist, speaker, and author, coined the term, Intimacy Anorexia, a silent marriage killer that affects millions of…
J.T. Nanney, one of our Deacons, shared from the 150th Psalm last Thursday! He reminds us to praise the Lord and that the Lord deserves all of our praise!! https://faithbible.com/blog/2020/12/31/praise-god-for-2020
Steve Sagué, one of our Marriage Mentors, shares today for our Marriage Monday blog! https://faithbible.com/blog/2021/01/04/the-sin-of-withholding
Happy New Year's Eve! What is something you are praying over 2021?
J.T. Nanney, one of our Deacons, shares today from the last Bible reading of 2020. He reminds us to praise the Lord for what He has done this year and also for what He will do in the upcoming year!!! He is worthy of all our praise!! https://faithbible.com/blog/2020/12/29/praise-to-the-lord
[12/30/20] Midweek Meditation has been postponed until mid January. More details coming soon!
Dwain Fowler, one of our Elders, shares today from our Psalm passage from the One Year Bible Reading. https://faithbible.com/blog/2020/12/29/praise-to-the-lord
- How long have you worked at Faith? 2 Years
- Job Title: Children’s Ministry Assistant
- Fun Fact about you/your family: Every Christmas we have a tradition where we make Krumkake (a Norwegian waffle cookie) as a family. It’s my kids favorite thing of the holidays.
- Something that the Lord has been teaching you in 2020: That He truly takes care of every need.
Faith Bible Church
"The Look of Divine Judgement" - Isaiah 14
Subscribe us on Youtube: youtube.com/faithbiblechurchdesoto
Christmas Eve Service Dec 24th
Join us in celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- How long have you worked at Faith? 1998 – part time, off and on; 2006 – full time as secretary
- Job Title: Depends on who you ask. I say I’m church secretary but others say church office administrator.
- Fun Fact about you/your family: I was a pastor’s kid and married a pastor’s kid.
- Something that the Lord has been teaching you in 2020: That He is truly in control of all aspects of my life and those around me as well. He is faithful to complete the work He began in me and in others. Really He has been teaching me so much this year – it would take a long time and a lot of space to tell.
Patti Calderon, one of our Marriage Mentors, shares today for our Marriage Monday blog. She wonders when will any of us will learn! https://faithbible.com/blog/2020/12/21/when-will-they-learn
Service Dec 20th
Pastor Curt teaches from Isaiah 10-12, in todays message titled "The Branch"
Genesis II Christian Center would like to extend a personal invitation to worship with us. Pastor Reggie believes everyone deserves a second chance in life and you'll always find a friend at "The Place of New Beginnings."
Kingdom Faith Empowerment Center is a bible based church designed to educate, uplift, and build the kingdom of God.
Come and be apart of a great move of God...where lives will be transformed by the power of the teaching of the word of God!!!
Beauty Within Women Conference
The Place For Spiritual Entertainment! (SPIRITAINMENT!)
"He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." (John 7:38)
Shabach Community Church is a growing ministry located in Desoto Texas. Our purpose is to change the world while spreading the truth about Jesus Christ.
The New Jerusalem Family COGIC is a place where you will be Embraced with the Love of God encourage in the word and EMPOWERED to live for God on Purpose!
Dallas Hillside Church of Christ 5725 Marsalis Ave. Dallas, TX 75241 972-533-1668
We envision Christ centered families of integrity, learning the truth, living free, serving one another, and worshiping God.
1121 E. Wintergreen Rd. Desoto, Tx 75115
Simple...We Love Jesus!