185 years of praising God through song, service, and sustenance!
Hello & Welcome! Mt. Hope is a family of people who have come together to learn more about God and His love for us. We invite you to join us as we strive to make Him the center of our lives. We offer friendship, a helping hand, and a place to call home. Come see what the Lord is doing in our community, our church family, and our lives. We look forward to meeting you! John Zoller, Pastor
Good Morning! Here is a link to the Palm Sunday Sermon. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His loving care.
Palm Sunday Music
Good Morning! Here is a link to the pastor's message. We pray it finds you well and in good health.
Good Morning! Here is the music for today. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His grace.
[03/22/20] Please scroll down for March 22nd Announcements, music, and meditation. God bless!
[03/22/20] Just a reminder, there will be no physical church service tomorrow morning. Instead, Pastor John will be sharing a message that will be available on Facebook as well as the church website. Please keep those who are sick and struggling financially in your prayers.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6-7
Don't let the worries of this world take your eyes from Christ. Instead, be sure to be going to him with everything. One great way to keep your eyes focused on the One who has power over all is through reading your Bible daily. Here is a link to this month's Daily Bible Readings in case you missed grabbing a copy on Sunday.
mthopebaptist.org Readings, March 9th to March 29th, 2020 How can we get to know God better? One powerful way is to read the Bible & practice what we learn from reading with the help of the Holy Spirit. The more we...
[03/08/20] Just a reminder, tonight is daylight savings time. Remember to turn your clocks forward an hour. We look forward to seeing you at church in the morning!
[03/03/20] Tomorrow there will be No fellowship dinner as we have now moved to a quarterly schedule for fellowship dinners as this will allow more time for planning in an effort to better serve our church members and community. If you are interested in other opportunities for fellowship with each other between fellowship dinners, please check out the church calendar for upcoming events. Have a blessed Tuesday!
Looking for an opportunity to serve others? We are scheduled to prepare and serve a meal for Tree of Life on March 10. Please check the list of items needed and sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508054aaba72c7-tree
signupgenius.com Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Bible Readings, January 27th to February 16th, 2020
We all desire to live lives that are worthy of God’s call upon our lives but find ourselves overwhelmed by that challenge when we think about it. Ephesians 4:1-3 largely defines that worthiness in terms of loving each other!
27. Mon, Eph 4:11-13. What should our goal as a church & as individual Christians be? What is one key element of growing to maturity for every Christian? What works of service am I doing?
28. Tues, Mk 4:35-41. What might you have felt like had you been one of the disciples not fully understanding who Jesus was? Jesus is with you wherever you go. What storms has He calmed?
29. Wed, Ps 23. What is Jesus like as your shepherd? How have you experienced Him shepherding you? Why is He the perfect shepherd of you?
30. Thurs, Eph 3:14-19. What does this prayer reveal about what God desires for you? Kneel & pray this prayer for yourself. Then pray this prayer for Mount Hope, for your friends & others.
31. Fri, 1 Sam 21-28. What was Hannah’s attitude toward Samuel? In what way should we do what Hannah did with all the people & things we love?
February 1. Sat, Jn 12:20-28a. How did Jesus have to fall to the ground & die? How must we fall to the ground & die in order to be fruitful? What promise does God make to those who follow Him?
2. Sun, Heb 1:1-4. How has God spoken to people over the ages? How does He speak to us in these last days? Why listen?
3. Mon, Eph 4:14-16. As we grow toward maturity in Christ, what two things begin to happen in our lives?
4. Tues, Lk 12:13-21. How can greed be a subtle sin for us? How are we taught to be greedy? What remedy is there for greed?
5. Wed, Pr 12:1-7. What qualities does a wise man possess? What qualities does a fool exhibit? How can we avoid foolishness?
6. Thurs, Ja 1:2-8. How should we view the trials of many kinds that occur in our lives? What does a proper attitude originate from? How can this be done?
7. Fri, Eph 3:20-21. What does this doxology tell you about God? about your prayers? about the church--about Mount Hope?
8. Sat, Jn 2:1-11. What does Jesus’ intervention at a wedding feast tell us about His attitudes toward people? What implications does changing water to wine have for us & for the church?
9. Sun, Ex 20:1-11. What do these commandments reveal about the Lord? How can we uphold the Lord’s name?
10. Mon, Mat 5:17-20. How hard is it to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? If this is so, how can anyone get in? Thank God for qualifying you in Christ Jesus!
11. Tues, Rev 2:1-7. In what things was the church at Ephesus successful? Where did the church of Ephesus fail? What remedy did Christ command? How would you grade your love for Jesus?
12. Wed, Ac 2:42-47. What did the people do at First Church of Jerusalem? How would you rate your level of enthusiasm for getting together with other Christians to worship? to fellowship? to help others in need? to pray? to share the Lord’s Supper?
13. Thurs, Ps 53. What characterizes the fool? How do we sometimes resemble the fool? How has God answered the longing expressed in verse 6?
14. Fri, Hb 4:14-16. As High Priest, Jesus represents us before the Lord. Why is Jesus such an incomparable representative? What should we then do?
15. Sat, Ex 20:12-21. How do these commandments express love for others? What are the positive implications of these laws?
16. Sun, Pr 11:1-7. Which of these proverbs speaks the most to you? How do consequences & God’s purposes often flow together? List the characteristics of the wicked & the righteous found here.
Mt. Hope Baptist Church
Reminder: Our Sunday worship service will now start at 10 am. See you there!
[01/09/20] Starting this coming Sunday, Jan. 12, our morning worship service will now start at 10 am and will be followed by a short time of coffee and fellowship. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Bible Reading, January 6th to 26th, 2020
A new year, a new beginning--opportunities we have never had before! New challenges to face & overcome as we turn to God & depend on Him! New steps to take by faith, to grow more like Christ in character. Best of all--to grow in knowing & loving God!
6. Mon, 2 Cor 5:11-15. “All died”—Christ’s death was for all, so all have the opportunity to die to sin. What is Paul’s dominant motivation? What change does God desire in those who follow Him?
7. Tues, Gal 3:26-29. What wonderful reality is described here? Who is this reality for? How do you feel, knowing God has made you His heir?
8. Wed, Jn 17:1-5. How did Jesus bring glory to God? What work has God given you to do in this life? Spend some time asking God to clarify His will for you; then listen to His voice.
9. Thurs, Ps 131. What attitude does the Psalmist express here? How does the picture of a weaned child illuminate his relationship with God? How can you cultivate this kind of relationship with God?
10. Fri, Mt 11:28-30. Do you ever feel the need for a lighter burden to carry? List several ways that Jesus carries your burdens.
11. Sat, Jn 13:31-35. Jesus is preparing the disciples for His death. How does “Love one another!” help us face difficult times?
12. Sun, Ps 122. Why does the Psalmist rejoice at the invitation to worship the Lord? How do you feel about going to worship with other Christians? List reasons why worshipping God is a time for joy.
13. Mon, Ex 3:1-10. How did the Lord respond to the suffering of the Israelites? What was the Lord going to do about their situation? What is the attitude of the Lord toward those who suffer now?
14. Tues, Ex 3:11-15. What was Moses’ response to the Lord? Why was he so reluctant? Do you ever feel inadequate? How did God answer Moses? How does God answer you?
15. Wed, Pr 1:1-7. Who benefits from obtaining wisdom? Where is the starting point of wisdom? Why is fearing the Lord so important?
16. Thurs, Gal 4:1-7. How is being under the law like having to obey a guardian? What changed all that? How does being a son (an heir) impact your view of the Father?
17. Fri, Mat 5:1-6. What qualities does God build & bless in those who are in His Kingdom? How are these qualities related to each other?
18. Sat, Mt 5:7-12. When do you have an opportunity to be merciful? How do you promote purity in your life? How do you make peace? Have you ever suffered because you know Jesus?
19. Sun, Isa 6:1-7. Imagine Isaiah’s surprise having this vision! When have you felt sinful & unclean? How did you react?
20. Mon, Isa 6:8-13. What kind of task did God have for Isaiah? Has following Jesus ever been as difficult as taking on Isaiah’s ministry? What keeps God’s people going?
21. Tues, 1 Jn 2:28-29. What motivation does verse supply for our obeying Christ? How do you feel about facing Jesus?
22. Wed, Lk 10:25-28. What must you do to inherit eternal life? Have you done so? What are you going to do now?
23. Thurs, Lk 10:29-37. How far are we to go in loving our neighbor? What resources are you investing in helping others?
24. Fri, 1 Jn 3:1-3. How has God lavished His love on us? What promise does He make here? What response should we have?
25. Sat, 2 Cor 4:1-6. How does Paul describe the Gospel? How has the shining light changed you?
26. Sun, 2 Cor 4:7-12. What treasure do we possess? What weaknesses do these jars of clay have (see the examples)?
As we look forward to the new year, let us also pause to give thanks for His love and faithfulness all throughout 2019.
Praise the Lord, all nations! Extol him, all peoples! For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord! Psalm 117:1-2
Guess what's just around the corner? Connect Groups are starting in January! We trust that you're as excited as we are. These groups give us an opportunity to grow in loving one another. We encourage you to prayerfully consider where the Lord is leading you to join (or start up a group).
The following Connect Groups are scheduled for the first quarter:
Faith in Action Bible Study
Meets weekly at Mt. Hope (TBD Mon. or Thu. 7-8:15 PM)
Group leader: Pastor John
Traditional Bible Study
Meets weekly at Mt. Hope (Sun. 9-9:45 AM)
Group leader: Ken Britt
Heart to Heart: Exploring Biblical Fellowship (Topical Study)
Meets for 6 sessions at Marino Home (TBD - most likely Thu. 7-8:15 PM)
Group leader: Ken Marino
**Space is limited to 10** Sign up https://www.mthopebaptist.org/topical-studies.html
Care Groups can be started on your own. Please visit our website for details regarding this option (also see our FAQs).
Need more info? Visit https://www.mthopebaptist.org/connect-groups.html or contact our Connect Group Coordinator, Marian Marino at [email protected]
Bible Reading, December 16th, 2019 to January 5th, 2020
Psalm 119 centers around making God’s Word--His laws, decrees, commands & statues--the true north of thoughts, attitudes & actions for all those who trust in the Lord. While God has given us gifts in Christ which our Old Testament brothers & sisters did not have--the new birth, the Spirit, the Gospel realized in the cross--none of these replace learning & obeying God’s Word!
16. Mon, Mic 5:1-5a. What do we learn about Messiah in this passage? What remains to happen?
17. Tues, Lk 1:11-17. Why did God give this old couple (as opposed to a young couple) this baby boy? What kind of person would he be? What impact would he have?
18. Wed, Isa 9:2-7. What does this prophecy tell us about Jesus? Why did God inspire Prophets to foretell events?
19. Thurs, Heb 2:14-18. Why did God’s Son have to come in ordinary flesh? How do you respond to the truth of this passage?
20. Fri, Lk 1:26-38. What challenges & dangers did God’s announcement present to Mary? How did she respond? Why?
21. Sat, Lk 1:39-45. How did God use Mary’s visit to Elizabeth & her response to Mary? How well could Elizabeth relate to Mary’s situation? How has God equipped you to empathize with others?
22. Sun, Mt 1:18-25. How did Joseph respond to the apparent wrong of Mary’s unexpected pregnancy? What does this reveal about Joseph? How can we better respond to hurtful behavior?
23. Mon, Jn 1:6-9. What was John the Baptist to do? What was God’s goal? What part are you playing in God’s plan to help people believe?
24. Tues, Christmas Eve! Lk 2:1-7. What were the physical conditions & circumstances surrounding Jesus’ birth? What humbling conditions & circumstances have you dealt with? How have you responded?
25. Wed, Christmas! Jn 1:1-5. Who was it that occupied the manger in Bethlehem? CELEBRATE the birth of God!
26. Thurs, Isa 53:1-6. What kind of person did Jesus appear to be? Why did God create His body that way? What do you think about your own appearance? Does your appearance narrow what you do?
27. Fri, Ps 8. What way that God loves us does the Psalmist focus on? Spend 10 minutes contemplating God’s glory in the heavens & in little children.
28. Sat, Gen 12:1-1-9. What command & what promise did God give Abram? How did Abram show his faith in God? Do you hear God directing you? How do you respond?
29. Sun, 1 Cor 6:18-20. What motive for obeying God is given here? What price paid is referred to here? How do we go about repaying God?
30. Mon, Rev 12:1-6. What perspective on the birth of Jesus does this passage give us? How can this passage inform us about our own lives?
31. Tues, New Year’s Eve! Rm 12:1-2. We stand on the brink of a new year!
New Year, January 1. Wed, Gal 6:7-10. What kind of sowing did you do mostly in 2019? What kind of sowing does God desire?
2. Thurs, Rv 3:7-13. What truth about opportunities does Jesus disclose here? What open doors do you see--for you? for Mount Hope?
3. Fri, Col 4:2-6. What are we to be devoted to? Why watchful (for what?)? Why thankful? How should we relate to outsiders?
4. Sat, Ps 51 focus:1-12. What should our attitude toward sin be? How should we respond to our sin? What gift does God give?
5. Sun, 2 Ch 17:3-6. What was the basis of Jehoshaphat’s success? What was this coupled with? What hint of warning is there in verse 3? How healthy is your devotion to the Lord?
[12/13/19] Did you hear? Beginning on Jan. 12th, the Sunday morning worship service will move from 11 am to 10-11:15 am followed by a short time of coffee and fellowship. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Bible Reading, December 9-15, 2019
When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by Satan, physically weakened after fasting for forty days & nights, & acutely feeling His need for food. Satan tempted Jesus at the point of His aching & very real need, but to each temptation, Jesus’ response was to quote Scripture which pierced the heart of the test & deflated it.
9. Mon, Joshua 1:1-9. How do these words of the Lord apply to us as individuals & as the Mount Hope family? What is our courage based on? How can remembering this fact help you today?
10. Tues, Gal 3:26-29. What does it mean that all believers are sons through faith? What does it mean to be an heir of the promise?
11. Wed, Lk 10:25-28. What do faith & obedience have to do with the greatest commandment?
12. Thurs, Psalm 19. What are two ways God reveals Himself? How do compliment each other? Which do you read more often?
13. Fri, Rm 13:8-10. What does God expect us to do with this outstanding debt? How can you make consistent payments?
14. Sat, John 15:5-8. What is the key to bearing much fruit? How can you abide in the vine more consistently?
15. Sun, Ja 1:2-8. What does God promise to grant us freely when we ask? How does doubt frustrate the gift of wisdom?
|Sunday||09:45 - 13:00|
Services at 8, 9:30, & 11 AM each Sunday Go to our website at http://www.oswlc.org/ to find out more about us.
BCC is a church that seeks to find God's insights into the challenges that we face today. You will find a friendly group of people who believe that Christianity holds the insights to these challenges.
Christ Community Church is a Christ-centered, biblically based evangelical church in Ashburn, VA, committed to sharing and demonstrating the love, forgiveness and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ordinary People Serving Our Extraordinary God. Sunday Worship: 10AM at The Zoe Center, 44675 Cape Ct, Bldg 130, Ashburn, VA 20147
The official page of Christian Fellowship Church in Ashburn, Virginia.
Community Kids is the children's ministry of Community Church in Ashburn, Va. The Community Kids page is a place for parents to leverage the lessons being taught on Sundays and to stay informed on all things Community Kids
Welcome to the premier preschool in Loudoun County. We take great joy in helping our children form foundations for joyful, life-long learning. St. David's Preschool..."where a child's work is play!"
A church of Christ committed to following and teaching the commandments of Jesus Christ -- visit us on the web:
Sundays: 9:30 & 11A
ADAMS-Ashburn Youth Group is a platform for the youth to express their ideas & discuss challenges faced as young Muslim Americans!
OneHeartDC is a movement uniting and mobilizing churches, church networks and other organizations to saturate Metro Washington DC (DMV) with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Bringing Them In, Growing Them Up, Sending Them Out, All To The Glory Of God!