Our Heart beat is missions
Operating as usual
[05/24/20] When we realize that we have been chosen by God as His bride, we must respond! Our passion, engagement, and attitude matter every time we gather; and as the Church, we are called to worship. In fact, worship is the one thing that will never cease. We will continually worship God forever in eternity, and we are to start worshiping right now!
Join Us this Sunday 24th/05/20 as we take communion. Get the elements for communion ready for this week's service.
Prayer and Fasting – Day 5
Devotion – Not Holding Back
Therefore, having so vast a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, and throwing off everything that hinders us and especially the sin that so easily entangles us, let us keep running with endurance the race set before us. Heb 12:1 (ISV)
Not holding back means giving our all or our very best to God for especially the primary purposes He has entrusted to us.
A story is told of a rich young man who ran up and knelt before Jesus and asked Him what he must do to inherit eternal life? Jesus told him, “Young man, you know the commandments: Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother. The young man said, Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.
Mark 10:21-22 (MSG)
Jesus looking him hard in the eye and loved him! He said, “there is one thing left: Go sell whatever you own and give it to the poor. All your wealth will then be heavenly wealth. And come follow me.”
The man’s face clouded over. This was the last thing he expected to hear and he walked off with a heavy heart. He was holding on tight to a lot of things and not about to let go.
It is going to cost you and I something if we are going to run the race set before us with endurance.
• For some, it will cost you a relationship. You are in that relationship and you just know its wrong. Everything you are doing is not right. OR, those friends are not the ones you are supposed to be hugging around with anymore.
• May be its in your marriage and God is saying that it’s going to cost you to lay aside or fix certain aspects of your life in order to move your marriage to a better place.
• For some, it’s going to cost you your sleep. You might need to wake up in the night to pray or wake up earlier than usual in order to spend time with God.
• Others of you, it might cost you to give up that addiction or habit that has become a stronghold in your life.
• OR, it may be in the area of finances, where you have to give up some financial habits that are not beneficial to you anymore. OR, do something radical that God is asking you to do; like reaching out to support someone financially.
God wants to re-direct your heart and my heart from anything that would seem to hold you back into having a relationship with Him. This will mean putting our priorities right.
Two Practical Things To Do.
1. Spend time in the presence of God by praying daily. God gives us His Holy Spirit that empowers us to drop every weight of sin that so easily entangles us.
2. Get spiritually mature people that you can be accountable to, who will keep you in check as its impossible to run this race alone. (James 5:16)
Questions To Ponder On?
1. What are you priorities? The rich young man had misplaced priorities. Where is your heart?
2. What is that, that is holding you back?
1. That you will seek to devote the best of yourself, your time and your talents to the primary purpose that the Lord has entrusted to you. (1Pet 1:10)
2. That you shall lay aside every weight and sin that so easily entangles you. (Matt 11:28-30)
3. That you will run with endurance the race that is set before you. (2Tim 4:5-7)
Prayer and Fasting – day 4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance; Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4 NIV
Because you have kept My command to persevere… —Revelation 3:10
Perseverance means: determination in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
Perseverance means more than endurance— more than simply holding on until the end.
The question of HOW LONG? can fill our minds when we are facing difficulty, and it becomes had to Entrust yourself to God’s hands - and this creates spiritual confusion – you at this point do not know whether trusting God through it is worth it. Let me encourage you this day to persevere, for it comes as a command to us and we know that there is some spiritual growth that is happening to us in the process.
Main point: God has given us the ability to persevere by responding to struggles with the confidence that He knows, plans and directs our lives for the good. We may face hardships, but when we trust Him through those hard times, we can become mature and complete, not lacking anything.
1. Is there something in your life for which you need perseverance right now?
2. Are you praying for victory over or rescue from your struggles?
3. What is one thing you are not fully trusting God with?
What to do?
• Look for opportunities to serve others, focus on other’s needs.
• Expressing kindness to someone today.
1. Do not worry
Mathew 6:25 – “Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life.”
2. Experience Gods perfect love
1 John 4:18 – “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,”
3. Learn kindness
Proverbs 12:25 – “Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.”
Prayer and Fasting Day 3
STRENGHT TO THE WEARY
Beloved, the Bible says that “…weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.” And the Bible still says that, “…the JOY of the LORD is my STRENGTH .”
He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
Some times we go through disappointing, difficult, painful challenging moments in our lives and as Christians, this is a journey we cannot avoid or escape because, it’s these situations that cause us to grow and mature in our salvation walk with God.
These moments help us to understand that we need to trust God in everything. We cannot live life by ourselves but depend and totally rely on God’s strength to take us through this life triumphantly. When we grow weary and faint, God is available to increase His strength in us.
Why is it important to have God’s strength?
1. Only God’s strength can carry us through the difficult moments, storms, disappointments, challenges, fear, etc and makes us face them fearlessly. Ps 27:1
2. Only God’s strength gives us the joy to endure hard times in life. Like Jesus who for the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross. Heb 12:2
So, what do we do?
1. We are going to train ourselves to WAIT patiently on the LORD. Ps 25:3
2. We are going to learn to TRUST in the LORD no matter what. Pro 3:5-7
1. Pray that we shall learn to wait upon the Lord patiently.
Ps 27:14 - Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. And Ps 62:1
2. Pray that we shall trust GOD, no matter what. Pro 3:5-7 and Ps 20:7
3. Pray that we shall bear the fruit of JOY in our lives, for it gives us the strength to face life. Nehemiah 8:10b…for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Prayer and Fasting Week
Devotion 2 - Steadfast in love
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Life is not about getting everything going, but knowing God, walking with him and enjoying Him.
Many times, we get so caught in the activities of life and we forget that our prime purpose in life is to know God and enjoy Him. The bible calls to be like God in His character, 1 Peter 1:15-16. God invites to be steadfast in His love over us it is not a condition for him to love us but He invites to be fixed on Him, to be unchanging in our regard for Him and firmly loyal in our enjoyment of Him.
1. Pray that you will draw near to God against all odds.
James 4:8 - Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
2. Pray that your faith will be expressed in love and not in the accomplishments in life.
Galatians 5:6b - …but only faith working through love.
3. Pray that you may know God deeply with every passing moment. that you will not be distracted in life.
John 17:26 - I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
Victory City Church - Mutungo's cover photo
Today we start seven days of prayer and fasting.
Checkout our social media pages for directions daily.
[05/17/20] Today, we will look at what it means for us as a Church to be awakened to the destiny that God has for us, in His purpose and promises. One of the first traits that stands out about the early Church is that they knew their purpose. It caused them to go against the odds, overcome opposition, and breakthrough in their generation. That same purpose is available to us, and we need to be awakened to it
The Church in the book of Acts had no manual on what to do, but they began to fulfill the call that Christ had for them. They prayed and discipled. They served and were great witnesses to the resurrection of Jesus. Beyond all that, one thing is very clear about the Church in Acts, and that is that they MULTIPLIED.
“… Whoever wants to be your leader must be your servant. Whoever wants to be first must serve the rest of you like a slave. Do as I did: The Son of Man did not come for people to serve him. He came to serve others and to give his life to save many people."
The Church is called to serve.
The call to be the church comes with an expectation that we are all an active part of the Body of Christ, fulfilling his call to us. The church in Acts is our model of what that should look like. We see that they took personal responsibility, were devoted to prayer, constantly worshiped, and were committed to making disciples.
THEME: Being Thankful During this trying season.
1. That we will be more thankful for what we have this season. Both Spiritual and Material things. (I Thessalonians 5:18.)
2. That we will not be worried but remain confident in the Lord's ability to Provide for us.
3. That we will be thankful for the progress made in Uganda and elsewhere towards curbing the Corona virus and that we'll have better results soon.
4. Continue praying for our National Leaders that they will govern the state with wisdom this entire season.(1Timothy 2:1)
Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!" *Matt 26:41
One of the outstanding characteristics of the Church in Acts is their dedication to prayer. Before they knew what attending a Church was, they were the Church in action. As the Church we are called not just to pray IN the church, but to pray AS the Church.
Get ready for our Good Friday Service.
Road To Sunday by Maureen Nongo
Good Friday service will be at home.
Get some items ready and tune in online.
#prayerparty starting now 6-7pm
1. Pray for God’s will to be done - Colossians 1:9-10
2. Pray for the body of Christ – Ephesians 4:1-3
3. Pray that God would be glorified on all things and that the name of Christ is exalted – Thessalonians 1:11-12
4. Pray that the church would be faithful to go into all the world and spread the gospel of Christ – Mark 16:15
Hello Family, we would like to have a #prayerparty today and prayer items are going to be sent out soon. We encourage you to spare 1hour of prayer, you can prepare some songs from your play list, we shall also send out some songs here appropriate.. But the main point is for you to join in as we have our prayer meeting remotely at 6-7pm... #prayerparty
We are the church in every area of our lives, and we must desire to be the church that Jesus intended us to be. It is important for us to note that the power of the church lies in the individual response each Christian makes in regards to God's call over their life.
1 Peter 2:9 New Living Translation (NLT)
But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests,[a] a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.
Victory City Church - Mutungo's cover photo
As believers, Church is a big part of our lives and weekly routine. When we look at the model Jesus left for us, we can see that we are called to BE the Church, and not just ATTEND Church. In this series we will be exploring what it means to truly BE THE CHURCH as Jesus intended.
Church at home
Church Home is on this week.
Services start 10am
Contact these Leaders to find a home near you
Just about to get ready for our Service
Christmas Drama entitled 'what is Christmas?', was a wonderful performance by the youth and the children ministry. Merry Christmas
He made a way.
We don't know how but we are grateful.
A big thanks to the children for the presentation. #children Celebration.
It has been a wonderful experience transforming the Boda riders, taxi drivers and Hawkers week. Our view of this category of people has been shaped and we want to continuously let them know that they are appreciated and that they do a great job.
We showered love on the Police of Mutungo.
We appreciate the work these men and women do for our communities.
As Christians we're meant to be transforming agents in our communities, just like Joseph in the Old Testament, he transformed every environment that he found himself in... Because he kept his integrity and devotion to God.
We can learn this from Joseph in order become real life transformers.
It has been a journey and is still, seeing this team grow in public worship...
We are proud of each of them.
Victory City Church - Kampala
Victory City Church - Mutungo's cover photo
We are a community of desciples of Christ ready to infect the world with LOVE.
|Friday||17:00 - 18:45|
|Saturday||11:00 - 18:00|
|Sunday||09:00 - 16:00|
The Return Ministries International is a Church/Religious Organisation No. S.5914/7898 in the government of Uganda.
The headquarters of both Kazo Archdeaconary and Kazo Parish. Kazo Number ONE.
Looking for authentic information on the founding of All Saints Cathedral.
REGISTERED MINISTRY Reaching out 2 the most poor districts of Uganda & empowering them while supporting many in schools to help them have a better future.. Orphans,vulnerable,teenager parents,abused girls and boys,neglected children etc
This is an organisation aimed at bringing light and truth to the world.Like it and please promote the gosple in the whole World.The lord is the only GOD.
We are debtors to every man to give him the gospel in the same measure in which we have received it.
Church/Religious organization.Transforming the nation through the authority of Jesus Christ.
To demonstrate the power of God and His presence around the Universe. Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God..
Vision: Shaping believers into Leaders and Leaders into Advocates of change with compassion, dignity and respect.
"They shall never be silent they that remind the Lord" Isaiah 62:6-7 INTERCESSORS AWAKE.. MISSION: To conquer, overtake and soul winning of the captives. VISION: STANDING IN THE GAP..Ezekiel 22:30