LDN is an ecumenical Christian fellowship.We pray, work ,study and serve others to uncover the light of God in all people,through new evangengelization.
What is Lumen Dei Network? Lumen Dei Network (LDN) is a christian ecumenical fellowship, whose members pray, work and serve as missioners, together and with others to change the world with the light of the gospel. Members form spiritual networks for fellowship, solidarity, mutual support personal growth and empowerment for mission. What do the words Lumen Dei Mean? LUMEN DEI means ‘light of God’. The aim of LDN is that the light of God is uncovered in each person so that they may reach their full spiritual potential and by so doing bring new light to the whole world (Mt 5.14). Who started Lumen Dei Network? Fr Anthony Musaala, an Irish-born Ugandan catholic priest initiated Lumen Dei network in Kampala,Uganda, in 2010 with 12 members who wanted to pray work and serve together to bring the power of the gospel within but more so, beyond the structures of the church. The nature of Lumen Dei Network
LDN is a community of hearts. Members remain in non-church based spiritual fellowship all the time wherever they are, via the social media, house fellowships, prayer meetings, social activities and personal prayer. Each member is a priest, according to baptism. Together they build an ‘’extended family’’ of mutual spiritual and social support, while reaching out to others with the gospel of freedom in Jesus Christ, as each one is able. Vision
Lumens are called forth to be ‘’other Christs’’ ,prophets, priests, servant-kings; promoting an active faith, justice, peace and true liberation for all. Lumens are enlightened by the Word of God and radicalized by the spirit of Pentecost to reveal the hidden face of Christ within broken humanity. Mission
The mission of LDN is to bring liberating change through i) solidarity ii) effective proclamation of the Word iii) charitable option for the poor and marginalized iv) kingdom focused projects and enterprises. Goals of Lumen Dei Network
a) To promote and carry out spiritual awakening through new evangelization b) To empower with spiritual gifts the whole body of Christ, i.e.the church c) To form local networks, teams, groups or communities of evangelizers, who
are Word-based, charismatic , mission oriented beyond the walls of the church. d) To promote ongoing biblical, catechetical, liturgical and human formation for all. e) To inspire ethical economic empowerment, for self-support and mission. f) To foster ‘service above self’ and ministries of charity, justice and peace, and inclusion at the grassroots. g) To promote the dignity of the baptismal priesthood of all believers. Lumen Dei Network Motto
The Lumen Dei Network motto is Ora et Labora et Missio which means ‘to pray, to work and to have a mission. Spirituality
Seven “pillars of light’’ define LDN spirituality. Each ‘’pillar’’ is ascribed to one day of the week, from Sunday to Saturday, to form the Lumen Week. The Lumen week is at the heart of Lumen spirituality which is the royal,holy priesthood of all believers. The Seven pillars of light are as follows
Day of the week Pillar
1.SUNDAYS CELEBRATIO (liturgical and non- liturgical)
2. MONDAYS COMMUNIO (spiritual networking)
3. TUESDAYS CARITAS (ministries of charity)
4. WEDNESDAYS CHRIST (breaking bread)
5. THURSDAYS CONTEMPLATIO (contemplative renewal)
6. FRIDAYS CRUX (power of sacrifice)
7. SATURDAYS CHARISMATA (renewal of spiritual gifts)
Membership in Lumen Dei Network
Membership to LDN is open to men and women of any denomination. LDN welcomes all seekers as they come, and affirms each person in their own identity and helps to prepare them for priestly service. There are three kinds of membership; Full Membership, Disciple membership and Associate membership
• Full members ( who have been inducted and have paid their dues)
Disciples. (who wish to be inducted)
Associates (friends and supporters)
• LDN is a self sustaining association. Funds are raised via membership dues, fundraising, enterprise or projects.
• LDN missioners offer their services voluntarily, but out of pocket expenses are met by those to whom they minister.
• A stipend may be offered to ministers in appreciation, where it can be afforded.
• Members market and sell religious items e.g rosaries, books, pictures, cds, dvds, for income generation. Activities of Lumen Dei Network
LDN carries out the following activities.
• Lumen prayer meetings and fellowships
• Pastoral counseling and support
• Direct preaching
• Healing, deliverance, empowerment services
• Intercessory prayer
• Media and social media ministries.
• Creative spiritualities for prayer and evangelization
• Ministries of charity, justice and peace, to the displaced, and marginalized.
• Fundraising activities for the, network, the church and for evangelization. LDN programmes ( one evening, one day, several days)
• ‘You are a priest forever’………..Formation for induction as full member of LDN
• ‘Return to me;………………………..A preached retreat for conversion and deeper conversion
• ‘Jesus Christ the Healer’…………This is an extended para-liturgy of healing prayer with Eucharistic adoration where appropriate
• Praise and Worship workshop……..How to lead charismatic praise and worship
• New Evangelization workshop…….Becoming an effective evangelizer
• Healing and deliverance seminars….The basis for healing and deliverance today
• Youth/school seminars and retreats…Setting the youth on fire for Christ
• Marriage Seminars…………………..Preparing for marriage and healing marriages and relationships
• Clergy retreats…………..Deepening faith, ongoing formation
• Economic empowerment……………Income generation for the unemployed
• Power of Sacraments………………..Rediscovering the treasure of the church
• The Living Word…………………….How to read and pray with the Bible
• Monastic/Hermitic retreat……………………..Silence,solitude,stillness,surrender
Expected outcomes of LDN ministries
Increased church support,financial and otherwise
Growth in faith
Increase in clergy and other vocations
Reconciliation and peace
Fr Anthony Musaala
Operating as usual
I invite you to continue searching for the Light.
Lumen Dei is for all who are searching for Light as INDIVIDUALS. Some of you searched for light in different spritual organizations, but didnt find it.
Some of you have been rejected by your church or mosque or community because you were not holy enough. Some of you got tired of rules, regulations and rituals which left you empty. You did not find the light. Now you must begin your personal search. God will be revealed to you personally as you keep gazing at the Light and practicing charity and justice. That is all.
Today let us learn how to pray using light.
The 'prayer of light' is not something new. It has been used for centuries. Light is a symbol and a metaphor for the Divine reality. The Quakers today still have a similiar from of silent prayer in the light .
This is a form of prayer without words which uses only the eyes to gaze patiently at the inner light. This gazing at the inner light is a visual prayer which stimulates a contemplative grace and a deeper union with God, or what is called theosis.
In the same way that you use your lips and voice to speak with God, you can use your eyes to 'see' God. Seeing is believing. Although God in his essence is invisible,God permits a vision in light which is truly God's presence.
This vision of the Divine was given to Moses and Elijah andJesus and Mohammed and many other great prophets. The real presence of God was beheld by them in an inner vision which sustained them in every word and action. God has not changed and still seeks to give that vision to you.
HOW TO 'PRAY THE LIGHT'
Be in a quiet place with no sound of any kind and no other person.
Sit comfortably with your back supported, but your head free.
When you have relaxed just close your eyes.
Breath in deeply and out, three times and relax
Lift up your head and with eyes still closed gaze steadily ahead.
Look carefully at everything you can see, especially the points of light.
Breath in out deeply three times.
Continue to gaze at those points of light, and begin to immerse yourself in the light you see.
Allow yourself to ''fall'' into the light as it grows stronger all around you.
You will sense some peace, love or gratitude welling up. Just say thank you. Breath in and out deeply three times again.
Take a moment to express yourself to God in only a few words, while continuing to gaze into the light with head uplifted.
You will sense the light of Holy Spirit flowing down on you and encircling you, which you should welcome with great love, devotion and humility.
The light you see is the vision of God. You will have no doubt about it and will want to return to it again and again.
Do this everyday for 15 to twenty minutes., After sometime it will come naturally to you. You will be ''praying the light'' several times a day and also at night.
Spread the Word and the Light!
So dear friends, you will become a source of great light to others.
Please give me fb feedback when you have tried the prayer.
God be with you
Fr Anthony Musaala, LD
LDN Lumen Dei Network Intl's cover photo
Welcome the official page of ACJC Kampala A church of the 21st century....
Just think about how to worshiping God in his presence in order to glorify Him
Preachers' Kids Movement Uganda is an association that joins all preachers' kids in Uganda and it operates under National Fellowship of Born Again Churches. All PKs are allowed to register and work with us without discrimination.
This is a Catholic Disability Organization started to advocate for the rights of people with disabilities through Education,Music,Drama and developmental projects
Children of God Foundation of Uganda founded by Brenda Nakalyango and Andre Yarborough. Our mission is to encourage and build the Kingdom of God in the lives of Uganda's youth so that their generation shall not lack the needs of its people.
Everyone has influence and can use it to give hope through the good news Of Jesus Christ, through social media, games and entertainment influencing our generation for the glory of God.
we are a christian founded org(the body of Christ)blessed to fellowship in oneness of his spirit, being witnesses to his word wherever we go.
it was founded by members of the Kampala Church of Christ/New Testament Churches of Christ.
CHURCH OF UGANDA
Our purpose at God's kind of Life ministry is to worship God,love people, win souls, equip, empower and send saints for the great commission.
We are an unaffiliated church with a strong scriptural and evangelical emphasis. Our congregation is diverse in its background and traditions.