Saint Sophia Cathedral in Vologda

Saint Sophia Cathedral in Vologda

Saint Sophia Cathedral is a Russian Orthodox cathedral, the oldest surviving stone building in the city of Vologda. It was constructed between 1568 and 1570 under personal supervision of Tsar Ivan the Terrible in the period when Vologda was the capital of the Oprichnina lands in Russia, and completed in 1587.

Operating as usual

Location

Address


Vologda
Other Eastern Orthodox Churches in Vologda (show all)