The Church of the Transfiguration of the Savior is a former Russian Orthodox Church that stands on Ilyina Street in Veliky Novgorod just east of the Marketplace.
The current building was built in 1374 and frescoed by Theophanes the Greek in 1378. Substantial portions of those frescoes still remain, including the Christ Pantocrator in the dome, a number of saints inside the south entrance, and The Old Testament Trinity in the western vestry, as well as others. The current building is now a museum, part of the Novgorod State Museum-Preserve.A church stood on
Operating as usual