St. James's Cathedral, or the Cathedral Basilica of St. James, is the Roman Catholic cathedral of Riga in Latvia. The cathedral is dedicated to Saint James the Greater. The building is part of the Old Riga UNESCO World Heritage Site and lies directly opposite the House of the Livonian Noble Corporation, the meeting place of Latvia's parliament the Saeima.The church is sometimes misleadingly called St. Jacob's. The confusion arises because English, unlike almost every other language, uses different names for the Old Testament name Jacob and the New Testament name James.HistoryThe church building was dedicated in 1225. It was not originally a cathedral since the Rīgas Doms served that function. At the beginning of the 15th century the Holy Cross Chapel was built at the south end of the early Gothic church, and part of the church was transformed into a basilica.In 1522 during the Protestant Reformation the building became the second German language Lutheran church in Riga. In 1523 it became the first Latvian language Lutheran church there.
Rīgas Svētā Antona Romas katoļu draudzes oficiālā Facebook lapa
Rīgas sv. Jāzepa Romas Katoļu draudzes aktivitātes, jaunumi,un kontakti ar Baskāju karmelītu tēviem, kuri kalpo šajā baznīcā jau 8 gadus. Apciemo šo vietu!
Aicina uz Svētumu! Šī kustība radās Romā 1947.gadā un 1996. gadā Latvijā! www.prosanctitate.lv www.prosanctity.org