The Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France. The cathedral is located in the 5th Arrondissement at the corner of Rue Saint-Jacques and the Rue de l'Abbé de l'Épée. The church has been registered as a historical monument since 4 June 1957.OriginsThe land on which the church is built was obtained around 1180 by Hospitaller brothers originating from Altopascio, near Lucca, Italy. In 1360 the brothers built a simple chapel. Despite the suppression of their order by Pope Pius II in 1459, some brothers decided to remain. At that time the land around them was fields and meadows with a few low peasant houses and some religious institutions.In 1572 Catherine de' Medici decided to use the site as home for a group of Benedictine monks who had been expelled from their abbey of Saint-Magloire. The relics of St. Magloire of Dol and his disciples had been transported to Paris by Hugh Capet in 923, when the Normans attacked Brittany. The relics were transferred to the hospital, which became a monastery. In 1620, the seminary of the Oratorians under Pierre de Bérulle, the first seminary in France, replaced the Benedictines. It was known as the seminary of Saint-Magloire. Jean de La Fontaine stayed there as a novice.
L'Ordre des Prêcheurs, ou Dominicains, est né en 1216. Il a été fondé à Toulouse par saint Dominique. Sa devise : - Louer, bénir, prêcher - Vérité
L'église Saint-Gervais est confiée aux Fraternités de Jérusalem qui y assure une mission de prière à travers la liturgie et l'adoration Eucharistique.
Eglise catholique de Paris 17e où est célébrée la messe dans les deux formes: Paul VI & Pie V, une des plus grandes richesses de notre paroisse !
carmes-paris.org : Cette page vise à présenter les activités des frères carmes de la Province de Paris et plus largement la spiritualité du Carmel.