Holy Trinity Anglican Church is a heritage-listed church at 68 Hawthorne Street, Woolloongabba, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Since 1869, three church buildings have stood on this hill top site. The current church was completed in 1930. It was designed by the architect, Eric Ford featuring Romanesque and Spanish mission revival style architecture. Its preserved original architectural features make the church a traditional wedding venue of inner Brisbane. The church was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 9 May 2008.HistoryBackgroundWoolloongabba is a densely occupied suburb of Brisbane, located 2km south of the Brisbane CBD. Prior to the arrival of European people, Indigenous Australians lived in the area. These were people of the Turrbal nation.In 1825, the Moreton Bay colony, a penal colony, was established on the north bank of the Brisbane river. Free settlement in the colony by European people was allowed from 1842. From that time until the 1860s, the area south of the river that would become Woolloongabba remained an undeveloped stretch of wetland known as One Mile Swamp.
A parish family seeking to bring the best of Anglican tradition into dialogue with the needs of today's community.