St Mary's Anglican Church, often called now St Mary's-on-the-Cliffs, is a heritage-listed churchyard at 433, 447 & 449 Main Street, Kangaroo Point, Queensland, Australia.
It was designed by Richard George Suter and built in 1873 by Alfred Grant. It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 21 October 1992. Kangaroo Point Cliffs Park was constructed to the church's south in 2010 and a gateway allows park users to visit the church's grounds.HistoryThe Church of St Mary's, Kangaroo Point was built in 1873 by Alfred Grant to a design by diocesan architect Richard G Suter. It replaced a timber structure built in 1849 on land closer to the river. In 1892 a cyclone caused considerable damage to the church's roof and bellcote. Stone structures on the northern external aspect of the chancel indicate that the building is incomplete and a vestry or bell tower may have been intended for that site.The pipe organ is the oldest in Queensland, dating from the early nineteenth century and built by H.C. Lincoln (1789-1864). It was imported from a London church in 1876 and further stops were added in the 1961 by the Brisbane firm Whitehouse & Brothers. It is now maintained by Pierce Pipe Organs and plans are afoot for its complete restoration at some future date.The church hall was built in 1879 but has been substantially modernised. The rectory, designed by diocesan architect John Hingeston Buckeridge, was completed in 1889.St Mary's was patronized by the governors when they resided at Old Government House. It has always been the naval chapel in Queensland and was once connected by stairs with the Naval Stores below the quarry face. The Warriors' Chapel, dedicated in 1950, contains a memorial to those who died on in 1964. There are also a number of naval commemorative plaques and monuments in the church gardens.
Operating as usual
St Francis College is an Anglican educational and spiritual centre where students can learn and grow in the Christian faith. We welcome students of all faiths and backgrounds who are interested in sound learning, new insights and spiritual growth.
We strive as a church to be a worshipping and caring community, committed to serving God by taking his love and peace to the world. All are welcome!
Freshwater Outreach encompasses the Freshwater Anglican Op Shop, Food Relief, and The Well Community Cafe. Our aim is to serve the community by providing a wide range of activities and support.If you have any enquires please do not hesitate to contact.
We want to highlight your parish and wider events and ensure young Anglicans grow and flourish in their faith. We're based at the MEC Milton, inside St Francis' College, so feel free to drop in and visit!
The official page of The Anglican Parish of the Centenary Suburbs. Get updates, events and inspiration with the faith community.
Anglican Church, Hamilton, Brisbane A traditional church with a progressive outlook.
St Barnabas Church is the venue for weekly traditional Anglican worship. Of particular historical note is the ANZAC Chapel memorial to Canon Garland.
We are a theologically progressive and liturgically traditional Anglican Church community, who seek to embrace all people into our family in God.
The Anglican Parish of Cleveland is part of the Anglican Church of Australia in the Diocese of Brisbane.
St John's Cathedral is the cathedral of the Anglican diocese of Brisbane.